I Am Not Okay With This (spoilers)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wasn't talking about a court case.

In American media, what she did would be considered an accident. Kind of like if you jumped out in front of a car driven by an inexperienced driver, you don't necessarily blame the driver...

The driver may still blame themselves, and that would likely be the repercussions we'd see in a second season.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I’m not familiar with the American schooling system. The actor is 18, but how old is the character supposed be? They all seem to drive and stuff.
You can drive as early as 14, depending on circumstances. Plus, this looks like a pretty small town and they tend to be lax on stuff like that until you prove yourself a problem. The rich kids will all get cars at 16 and kids like Stan are, I think, just taking his Dad's car whether or not he has a license. (Heck, in my mostly-rural state as many as a quarter of the drivers in the poorest counties never bothered to even get licences until some time in the 90's when there was a big crack-down on it.)

Ryujin

Legend
You can drive as early as 14, depending on circumstances. Plus, this looks like a pretty small town and they tend to be lax on stuff like that until you prove yourself a problem. The rich kids will all get cars at 16 and kids like Stan are, I think, just taking his Dad's car whether or not he has a license. (Heck, in my mostly-rural state as many as a quarter of the drivers in the poorest counties never bothered to even get licences until some time in the 90's when there was a big crack-down on it.)

Hell, if you watch shows like "Live PD" you would think that fully half the population of any given State never gets a license NOW.

Remove ads