D&D General I am the Ranger

gyor

Legend
You know those things were you try and figure out what D&D class best symbolizes you, like what class am I. Sort of like a D&D personality test or just a state of what class you feel you have the most in common with life style with?

Well I always I was a cleric because of my interest in theology and philosophy, or a, Rogue because well I have done things of questionable legality to put it lightly like and B&E when I was a young kid, or a monk because I'm self isolating in some ways.

But yesterday I realized I'm a Ranger. You see my cat died yesterday, he was really old, and I cried harder then when blood relatives passed on, even as I dug his grave.

And I felt an emotion I thought I was incapable of feeling. Loneliness.

I'm more then fine with no folks around, I enjoy my space most of the time and honestly normally I don't feel loneliness like other people and I kind of thought that made me broken.

But I realized that its because having a pet is more then enough to make me feel complete, especially with the internet, and visits certain establishments now and again.

Even the quarintine thanks to Corona, I was kind of enjoying it, I mean not the sad part of it of course.

But then my cat died I now I feel lonely and it dawned on me that is because I am a Ranger. I feel his absence so much that it's almost like a ghost of him haunts me (metaphorically).

I live rural and semirural almost my whole life, I spend hours walking through nature where I feel completely comfortable, even alone in the dark, I was a boy scout when I was a kid, assistant patrol leader, I worship many Gods and rever various spirits, I work in Landscaping, working with stone, earth, plants, and snow removal. I love watching the wild bunnies, foxes, turkey's, hawks, deer, and other critters, where I live. My religous beliefs and rituals are extremely hetrodox and personal, I have no connection to organized religion.

My Dad has accused me of skulking, as I can be stealth sometimes.

Thanks to Camp Pinecrest as a kid, I even know how to use a bow, although I am no doubt rusty.

And most of all without my Animal Companion I feel like an empty husk.

And its not that I hate people or don't enjoy folks company (some more then others), and I can even be charming and funny at times, its just that I don't need it like other people do.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about your loss gyor. Losing my dog was harder for me than just about anything. I feel for you. It never gets easier, but it does get less hard. Here's to better days...

gyor

Legend
Sorry to hear about your loss gyor. Losing my dog was harder for me than just about anything. I feel for you. It never gets easier, but it does get less hard. Here's to better days...

And let me say I am sorry to hear about your dog. With corina virus on top of everything else, I think we all need better days. And thank you everyone for all kind words and votes of support at this time.

Remove ads