D&D 5E I can haz WILD MAGE and the first DRAGONBORN art?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
From Trapdoor Tech.

wild1.jpgwild2.jpg

I feel like using a dragon born as the art for a class that can partially change into a dragon is just going to cause confusion.

Edit: damn autocorrect

mips42

Adventurer
From this bit, I'm not a huge fan of wild magic. For me, there is such a thing as too much dice-rolling and this crosses that line.
Having said that, I like the art. I think the 'head too large' effect is an artifact of perspective. LOVE the 'face'. Very dragon-ish.
Also, this would seem to hint that Dragonborn = Wildmage but I doubt that that is actually the case.

Do Dragonborn feel any kinship to Kobolds or are Kobolds just the cousin that nobody talks about?

Paraxis

Explorer
So 5% of the time when they cast any 1st level spell or higher.

2% of that, they ground zero fireball the party and themselves.

8d6 fireball damage = 8-48 damage average of 28, save for half 4-24 damage average of 14.

They cast about 2 spells per day at first level, 3 at second, and 6 at 3rd. Each level should be what about 2 days worth of adventuring.

How often does a wild mage wipe out his party before hitting 4th level?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
So 5% of the time when they cast any 1st level spell or higher.

2% of that, they ground zero fireball the party and themselves.

8d6 fireball damage = 8-48 damage average of 28, save for half 4-24 damage average of 14.

They cast about 2 spells per day at first level, 3 at second, and 6 at 3rd. Each level should be what about 2 days worth of adventuring.

How often does a wild mage wipe out his party before hitting 4th level?

0.1% of spells you cast have this issue (assuming no re-rolls, which you can also obtain), and you're really worried about it?

My party survived a point-blank fireball last night by the way. They had a wizard cornered, the wizard knew he was about to die, so he blew himself up along with the party in a relatively small room using a fireball (party is not high enough level to cast that - they were facing a higher level wizard). None of the party died, and only one was knocked unconscious, and he was on his feet again 6 seconds later.

Remove ads