D&D 5E I didn't see it coming (semi-serious speculation of what's next in Next)

Crazy Jerome

First Post
Think we'll get a first experimental draft of the multi-class rules soon, but maybe not in the very next update. Within the next two updates, say, unless they simply can't get it to work.

Of all the classes, I'd predict paladin next. I can see ranger getting included with it or put off for a long time. Ranger is one that is tough to do well and satisfy most people at the same time.

Finally, should start seeing a rules module or two, more extensive than the optional healing time rules in the last update. Might be part of the tactical module, or might be something else, but we'll be seeing some real attempt at modules by the end of the year.

Edit: See that I'm a little behind on the seminar information.

Last edited:

ComradeGnull

First Post
I'm torn as to guessing whether they will focus exclusively on building out the existing material or add completely new things.

Anyhow:
-A couple more sorcerer bloodlines, a couple more Warlock pacts
-Wizard specialty schools
-More CE options for fighters
-Most likely classes: Warlord and one of: Paladin, Ranger, Bard
-Most likely races: Half-elf, Half-orc, Dragonborn
-Specialty options for levels 6-10

Things I don't think we'll see (yet):
-More backgrounds. These are too easy to build yourself to be worth building out before release if they are kept as-is.
-Individual feat selection. Introduces too many complications. I think they will see how the Specialty system scales with level before opening that can of worms.
-A tactical combat/grid module. This is something that could use an entire round of testing focused exclusively on it, depending on how complex it gets.

F700

First Post
Of all the classes, I'd predict paladin next. I can see ranger getting included with it or put off for a long time. Ranger is one that is tough to do well and satisfy most people at the same time.

I agree - the ranger will probably need a lot of work to strike a balance between pre and post D'rizzt D'ourden style rangers. And from what I gather he's a popular character so they'll probably want to retain as much of his ranger style as they can.

Remove ads