I got my GenCon Badge Today!

DaveStebbins

First Post
I got mine today, which was a relief. I registered the first week it was open in February, signed up for events in May, and only signed up my friend near the end of June. Her tickets and badge arrived a couple of weeks ago, but no sign of mine... until today.

Whew!

-Dave

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I got mine yesterday and wore it all day long with a grin on my face. An actual conversation that took place at the Rel household kitchen is as follows:

Rel's Wife: "I um..." *gets distracted looking through some papers on the counter while I make my lunch*

Rel: "What? What were you going to say?"

Rel's Wife: "I...I don't remember. If I remember I'll tell you."

Rel: *with smug grin on his face* "I know what it was!"

Rel's Wife: "What do you think it was?"

Rel: "You were going to say that I look like a total badass with my GenCon badge on!"

Rel's Wife: *inexplicably rolling her eyes* "Yeah. That's what I was going to say."

Rel: "Admit it, I look totally sexy in this thing! You can barely keep your hands off of me, can you?!"

Rel's Wife: *delivered in a monotone accompanied by more eye rolling* "Yep. You are super sexy in that GenCon badge alright. No question about it."

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Hand of Evil said:
You may want to check the web site, there is an option in registration that says on-site pick up, it is easy to miss.
Ah...might have missed that. Alright then, I just pick mine up the Con. If that is the case.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Truth Seeker said:
Ah...might have missed that. Alright then, I just pick mine up the Con. If that is the case.
Yes, the good news is that they have a pickup on Wednesday, just don't forget your paperwork! I also think the gift shop was openned Wednesday too..(I think)

jaults

First Post
The badges are mailed out in alphabetical order. I manage that stuff for me and three friends, so everything comes to me. I got mine (Ellsworth) and one friend's (Fernandes) about a week ago. Hennon came two days later. Sharer just came today.

Jason

kenobi65

First Post
I just got mine yesterday (7/28), and I registered on the first day. (Well, technically, early in the morning of the second day, both for badge and event tickets, due to their systems crashing.)

I read on the GenCon forums that they're still mailing badges out, and if you are supposed to be getting yours in the mail, they said it might be as late as next week. So, they said, contact their customer service folks if you don't have your badge by next Friday (8/5).

Remove ads