• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have a 136 GB flash drive.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
RangerWickett said:
A few weeks ago I found a flash drive lying on the sidewalk on my way to work. When I got home, I tried plugging it into my computer to see if it had any files on it, so I could try to get it back to the person.

As an aside - this is a very good way to get your computer infected with viruses.

I recently read a story about a security consulting firm that was hired to test one company's security. Rather than send hackers in, they went for the social engineering hack - simply scattered a couple little drives on the ground outside the building carrying the viruses they needed to compromise the system. Completely bypassed all the outward facing security.

crybaby

First Post
A couple of years back I had a zip disk (remember those?) that, when i inserted it into the computer the computer told me I had 35,000 something files on it and it had several thousand mb on it. A zip drive...with....what....was my response. I did some research and found that the disk was corrupted beyond reformatting, but i never could figure out how it happened (i had suspisions that water got into it from one of my brothers drinks but could never prove it).

On to the issue at hand the drive you found is most likely corrupt and/or broken.

Mystery Man

First Post
RangerWickett said:
It's the size of my thumb.

I formatted it. Then I tried to save a file on it. I could access the file. But when I unplugged the flash drive and plugged it back in, the computer said the drive was not formatted. I tried formatting again, then saving a file, then unplugging and plugging back in. Once again it said the drive wasn't formatted. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the thing's broken.

...and now you know why it was lying on the sidewalk. :lol:

Remove ads