• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have both the Dragonlance CS and the Age of Mortals Campaign book. Ask away!

Mucknuggle

First Post
The Sorcerers are the ones that use the chaotic magic that was re-introduced in the 5th age, also known as Primal Sorcery. Now that the War of Souls is over, all the types of magic exist at the same time. For those of you that don't know, that would be, Arcane, Divine, Primal Sorcery (*uses arcane spell list) and Mysticism *uses divine spell list).

Last edited:

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Mucknuggle said:
The Sorcerers are the ones that use the chaotic magic that was introduced in the 5th age, also known as Primal Sorcery. Now that the War of Souls is over, all the types of magic exist at the same time. For those of you that don't know, that would be, Arcane, Divine, Primal Sorcery (*uses arcane spell list) and Mysticism *uses divine spell list).

Actually, it's the wild magic that existed prior to the Gods of Magic teaching mortals how to use High Sorcery, which made a return in the 5th Age due to the energies of the god Chaos spreading through the world.

The four types of magic are ambient arcane (aka wild magic, primal sorcery), ambient divine (aka mysticism), focused arcane (aka high sorcery or wizardry), and focused divine (aka clerical power).

"Ambient" magic exists in the world itself, the raw power left over from creation and made accessible by it's chaotic taint. "Focused" magic is ambient magic redirected and filtered by the gods to remove that chaotic element, but it's not as spontaneous and flexible (and requires devotion to either the principles of magic or the gods).

That should do it...

Cheers,
Cam

Set Harth

First Post
Couple of Questions about Draconians...

What if any mention is made of the Draconian Nation-State of Teyr and their involvement (if any) in the War of Souls

What Draconian NPC stats are included (i.e. Kang, Slith, etc.)

What are the ECLs of the other three draconian types; Bozak, Savik, Aurak?

How much information is there on Dragonspawn?

EDIT

Will I got the Campaign Setting Book but what does the Age of Mortals say about draconians?

Last edited:

GentleGiant

Explorer
Buddha the DM said:
How can you have Age of Mortals already when the page that you sent me to says that it isn't due out until October?

I think you're mixing two product. The "Age of Mortals campaign setting companion" (the one with the Stawicki painting of Mina and Thakisis) is out in August (release date today... if I remember correctely), while the adventure "Key of Destiny: Dragonlance® Age of Mortals Campaign, Vol. I" (the one with the Easley painting of a red dragon spawn and a... very pale elf?!?) is not out until October.
But since they both have "Age of Mortals" in their subheaders, I can easily understand the misunderstanding :)

Claus Olesen
(Damn you all at Sov. Press for making such cool books that I can't afford ;) )

P.S. The cover for the Beastiary looks way cool, I hope you, Cam and André, have made sure that the content is just as cool :D

Last edited:

vrykyl

Explorer
Draconians, Dragons, and Spawn--Oh My!

Here is the draconian/spawn information in the DLCS:

* Baaz and Kapak draconians listed as player character races.
* All five draconian types listed as creatures with Level Adjustment (making it relatively easy to play even the other draconians, as per the rules in the 3.5 DMG and MM).
* Dragonspawn is presented as a creature template.
* Write-up on the nation of Teyr and has a draconian outpost mapped and described (by Don Perrin!).
* Stats of Kang

Here is what you can expect in AGE OF MORTALS:

* Writeup of draconian activity and history in the Age of Mortals.
* Writeup on the CITY of Teyr (as opposed to the nation as presented in the DLCS.
* Stats of Slith.

More cool stuff to come in the BESTIARY OF KRYNN, plus some Spawn material in the adventure KEY OF DESTINY.

There you go!

Jamie Chambers
Sovereign Press, Inc.

vrykyl

Explorer
Mina

Sollir Furryfoot said:
Is Mina statted in there, by chance? If so, anyone mind posting a few tidbits such as her class levels/ability scores?

Mina is in AGE OF MORTALS, along with an original illustration of her (with large, amber eyes) by Larry Elmore!

Here is what I will reveal...

Mina
Female human Clr12/Righteous Zealot 8: CR 20; AL Lawful Evil...

She has a very high Wisdom and an even higher Charisma!

Jamie Chambers
Sovereign Press, Inc.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
GentleGiant said:

I think you're mixing two product. The "Age of Mortals campaign setting companion" (the one with the Stawicki painting of Mina and Thakisis) is out in August (release date today... if I remember correctely), while the adventure "Key of Destiny: Dragonlance® Age of Mortals Campaign, Vol. I" (the one with the Easley painting of a red dragon spawn and a... very pale elf?!?) is not out until October.
But since they both have "Age of Mortals" in their subheaders, I can easily understand the misunderstanding :)

Ok.. I think I'm gonna have to make a trip to my FLGS to see these for myself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads