• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have the Caverns of Icewind Dale tile set

Samurai

Adventurer
Didn't see a thread about this yet, so I figured I'd post one. Overall it's an ok set. I think I could have used more cliffs and fewer chasms. One tile, the single transition tile for snow to dungeon floor, was badly miscolored IMO... the snow is a gray color, totally different from all the other snow tiles in the set. Also, I'm surprised there aren't more tiles with a path through the snow, and a road or snowy cottage might have been nice. I think a full Essentials-sized 10-board boxed set would have allowed those things, but it gets the job done.

There are some tiles of icy statues, tents, a campfire, cliffs, chasms, caves, frozen water, a few trees, and some transition tiles. Let me know if you have questions, but no, I'm not going to scan them all (I've already punched them out anyway.)

I will also say that the printing on my set seems much improved, with the blacks being a more solid black than the last few sets, which is nice.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Dear Wizards of the Coast,

Thanks

With love,
Casval

Seriously, this set is right out of my dreams. Some of the color matching isn't perfect, but it was really good.

Remove ads