• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
What sort of effects are in the wounds table?
There's stuff like losing an eye, a hand, a foot or a limb (you need regeneration to counter this effects).

Other effects include:

Limp: reduce speed, make a DC 10 dex save or fall when dashing, cured by magical healing.

Internal Injury: when attempting an action in combat make a DC 15 con save or lose the action and the next reaction. Cured by magical healing or 10 days of complete rest.

Broken Ribs: as above, but the save is DC 10.

Horrible Scar: disadvantage on persuasion checks. Advantage on intimidation. Requires healing magic of 6th level or above.

Festering Wound: reduce maximum HP by 1 every day. Cured by magical healing or 10 successful daily medicine checks.

Minor scar: No specific effect. Requires healing magic of 6th level or above.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Well, tomorrow the DMG will be out at WPN stores and so people will be able to easily get information for themselves and I'll be back to be just a random poster, but this experience has been interesting... I guess that Andy Warhol was right about everybody getting their 15 minutes of fame... :lol:

Psikerlord#

Explorer
There's stuff like losing an eye, a hand, a foot or a limb (you need regeneration to counter this effects. Other effects include:

Limp: reduce speed, make a DC 10 dex save or fall when dashing, cured by magical healing.

Internal Injury: when attempting an action in combat make a DC 15 con save or lose the action and the next reaction. Cured by magical healing or 10 days of complete rest.

Horrible Scar: disadvantage on persuasion checks. Advantage on intimidation. Requires healing magic of 6th level or above.

Festering Wound: reduce maximum HP by 1 every day. Cured by magical healing or 10 successful daily medicine checks.

Thanks so much for your answers Nikosandros - and that table looks SUPERB. Just what I was hoping for, yyeeaahhh! Man it is so sad having to wait for DMG till 9 Dec over here in Australia. Sigh!

garydee

Explorer
There's stuff like losing an eye, a hand, a foot or a limb (you need regeneration to counter this effects).

Other effects include:

Looks like the Champion is going to be a lot more fun to play now.

Pensquiggle

First Post
Hi, are there rules for ability score modifiers due to PC'S age - middle, old, venerable. In AD&D Str, Dex and Con went down but Int and Wis increased but I believe later versions increased all stats.

Miseravum

First Post
Could you please tell us how the manuals and tomes that increase stats by +2 work in detail? do they stack what's their rarity, are there limits?

Remove ads