• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I just read the suggested system specs for the D&D Insider Apps

Sojorn

First Post
Argyuile said:
Does 512 Ram and a 2.6 GHZ proc seem just a tad strange to anyone else? That seems to me to be relatively speaking a huge amount of processing power vs a minuscule amount of RAM.
That is perhaps a bit odd, yes.

Only thing I can think of is those must be some rocking compression algorithms on the VoIP. Or maybe someone decided it'd be fun to have the CPU do the shader support? I'm honestly drawing a blank here. Only time I've needed that much is when you start getting crazy amounts of physics/shader madness.

Edit: That's it! The VTT must use Havok!

drothgery

First Post
Argyuile said:
Does 512 Ram and a 2.6 GHZ proc seem just a tad strange to anyone else? That seems to me to be relatively speaking a huge amount of processing power vs a minuscule amount of RAM.

No. Remember that they're talking about a 2.6 GHz P4, here. Way back when I got my old 3.2 GHz P4 desktop, it came with 512 MB of RAM (though I upgraded it to 1.5 GB later).

Now, a 2.6 GHz current CPU with only 512 MB of RAM? That'd be odd. Well, unless you're talking consoles (both the PS3 and Xbox 360 have <2.6 GHz CPUs and 512MB of RAM).

Remove ads