• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I killed the Iconics. Twice in one night.

just__al

First Post
Can anyone explain when Rane falls at the foot of a tree and heals himself by drawing from the tree, what spell or ability that was?

WizarDru

Adventurer
just__al said:
Can anyone explain when Rane falls at the foot of a tree and heals himself by drawing from the tree, what spell or ability that was?

I was trying to figure that one out, myself, and I never did come to a conclusion. My best guess is that it's just a simple cure spell, with a druidic cinematic twist.

Crusader X, the DVD features 3 of the iconics: Regdar the human Fighter, Lidda the Halfing Rogue and Mialee the Elven Wizard. One of the NPCs in the story is Baratheon, a human cleric of Pholtus, and another is Rayne, an elven druid.

Last edited:

Nebin

Explorer
WizarDru said:
Just picked up Scourge of Worlds, which is a lot of fun...but we've gone through it twice, and killed Lidda, Mialee and Regdar twice now. Well, technically three times, if you count the time we didn't make it to the ending.

And they're not nice endings, either. Talk about Iuz Triumphant.

Yeesh.

I'm just not sure which death ending was more horrible. :p

YOU KILLED LIDDA ! You dispicable person you,Feeling strong, suple arms encircleing his neck wait that was the pretend Lidda I've got the REAL ONE Later........

Lazybones

Adventurer
I just got it, mostly on the recommendation of folks here in various threads. It was entertaining; I've only run through once so far and may watch it once or twice more to see some of the other material. I'll probably lend it out to some of my friends once I'm done with it. I hope that it is successful enough to spawn more such projects.

And Lidda, I thought, was portrayed as just a bit too whiny and childish (particularly in the scene in the bar). But overall I enjoyed the characterizations.

I am, however, offended on principle with the "special edition" strategy (and I suspect it's deliberate, regardless of what they say about material being "unfinished"). I hated it with LotR, and see it as a cynical attempt to get diehard fans to purchase two copies of the same product.

So which other iconics do you guys want to see in SoW 2?

MerakSpielman

First Post
Lazybones said:

I am, however, offended on principle with the "special edition" strategy (and I suspect it's deliberate, regardless of what they say about material being "unfinished"). I hated it with LotR, and see it as a cynical attempt to get diehard fans to purchase two copies of the same product.

It's all too common a strategy, I'm afraid. I first encountered it with Eidos computer games. The Tomb Raider series and Thief series in particular. They would release the game, withholding a couple cool levels, and then re-release it a few months later with the levels included, calling it the "Gold Edition."

How many times has Star Wars been released now? How about the Myst series of computer games? They somehow manage to re-release it every year, without adding any new content. I'm not quite sure how they manage it.

Can you imagine if you bought a book that you've been waiting for, only to have it re-published 6 months later with three "bonus" chapers, not included in the original?

I've seen tons of copies of the "regular" Fellowship of the Ring DVD at used DVD sales. Everybody went and bought it to get their LotR fix, then sold it when the Special Edition came out.

I'm wondering if there will be a Super Special Trilogy Special a few months after the Return of the King DVD is released, with the whole trilogy packaged together and more extras and just maybe a few more dozen minutes of movie.

Is there really any doubt?

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Can someone inform me how you get the best ending? I've tried with no luck. If you don't want to post the whole thing, e-mail me or direct me to a good link. thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads