D&D General I know it's not Christmas yet, but this D&D advent calendar...

I know a few people on these boards 'bought' these calendars. I'd be interested in hearing if their card info was stolen, or if - against all odds - they get anything shipped to them.
I just checked my advent calendar orders (we get them for all the kids and grandkids, besides ourselves). It looks like it went through Pay Pal.

CaosLass

Villager
I just checked my advent calendar orders (we get them for all the kids and grandkids, besides ourselves). It looks like it went through Pay Pal.
I fell for it and ordered the two supposed types. they didn’t arrive, but something vaguely like the advertised thing arrive, two plastic Seattle Seahawks advent calendar-type things. If you like the Seahawks, don’t get excited as they are awful looking things. Just a blurry logo sheet as the design

Surprisingly, the company has replied to my refund request. They admit there was an “incorrect description”, and offered me a 20% refund (no suggestion that they actually could send me the product as advertised). I declined and said I want a full refund. They replied again, saying that their final offer is a 40% refund! 🤬🤬🤬 Do they seriously think they deserve to keep 60% of my money for nothing?!? And basically threatening that I can agree to take 40%, or get nothing!!! 😡🤬😡🤬

PayPal has “opened an investigation”.

Btw the company is listed as
Dalian Huaniu Information Technology Co., Ltd.
and communication is coming from “Allina (CY Network)”

CaosLass

Villager
... looks pretty cool!

(Edit - looks like it might be a scam or something)

View attachment 142954
I fell for it and ordered the two supposed types. they didn’t arrive, but something vaguely like the advertised thing arrive, two plastic Seattle Seahawks advent calendar-type things. If you like the Seahawks, don’t get excited as they are awful looking things. Just a blurry logo sheet as the design

Surprisingly, the company has replied to my refund request. They admit there was an “incorrect description”, and offered me a 20% refund (no suggestion that they actually could send me the product as advertised). I declined and said I want a full refund. They replied again, saying that their final offer is a 40% refund! 🤬🤬🤬 Do they seriously think they deserve to keep 60% of my money for nothing?!? And basically threatening that I can agree to take 40%, or get nothing!!! 😡🤬😡🤬

PayPal has “opened an investigation”.

Btw the company is listed as
Dalian Huaniu Information Technology Co., Ltd.
and communication is coming from “Allina (CY Network)”

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I assume WotC knows about this and has reported it? And it's not just WotC IP, but dozens of others, including Disney and professional sports.

It doesn't seem believable to me that these ad companies & social media sites can't keep such an obvious scam off their networks. It's shameful that this thing is still up and cheating people out of their holiday gift money.

darjr

I crit!
I saw a post from joe random Facebook user claiming they got one delivered. But it was immediately suspect because the photos posted didn’t match and when I went back to take screenshots I couldn’t find the post again.

Remove ads