• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I mailed back my 3.5 D&D books for a refund today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron2

Explorer
frankthedm said:
Actually i have been to many gaming and comic stores, but often far between. the main problem is unless they have competition they can get away with the crap that makes the NSFLGS legend. Seeing the 'NO REFUNDS' sign is often exibit 'a' of such a place. Some game stores have been becoming more forgiving in the refunds department of recent

I prefer to shop in game stores that don't take refunds. That way I don't have to pay extra because someone else didn't bother to do his homework.

Aaron

Ysgarran

Like a free lance game designer doesn't have a certain amount of self-interest in the success of 3.5. Not that is bad per say, I really do believe in enlightened self-interest.

Baraendur said:
Wonderful! I'm sure those books wouldn't have come in handy next time you need to find a new group to game with.

Good job!

Bagpuss

Legend
Funny I've yet to see a difference in price from a shop that takes refunds and one that doesn't. At least with games.

National Acrobat

First Post
Doing homework shouldn't have to wait until all the errata is corrected in the second printing however. That should be taken care of in the first run.

Numion

First Post
just__al said:

It's nice to see someone who just doesn't buy into the party line. You don't HAVE to buy 3.5 if you don't want to. It doesn't make you a bad person or a luddite, it just makes you a good consumer because you evaluated an upgrade and decided you didn't need it.

I agree. I don't hate 3.5e or anything, and I think that it's better than 3.0e. I just didn't see the value I would've gotten from 3.5e equal to the costs of the books.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
National Acrobat said:
Doing homework shouldn't have to wait until all the errata is corrected in the second printing however. That should be taken care of in the first run.

If they do it before the first run, they'd have to call it pre-rata... :p

Tsyr

Explorer
Re: I was hoping for just a "Hail and Welcome"..

wiccanWARRIOR said:
It was just such a relief to have those symbols of soulless corporate marketing over creative content out of my gaming library today. I just had to "hallllleeeelllluuuuulllllahhhh!!" about it somewhere.

So you do it in a forum dedicated to the game? There are more forums on the internet than a person could visist in a year, and you chose one of the biggest forums dedicated to the game to espouse your joy at ridding yourself of it?

That says one of two things about you, neither of them complimentery.

wiccanWARRIOR said:
I am part of the solution.
Corporate rule: if crap sells, sell more crap.
Answer: don't buy crap.

What exactly are you 'solving'?

wiccanWARRIOR said:
YOU (NOW) CAN"T BLAME ME IF 3.5 SELLS ENOUGH TO GIVE US 4.0 IN THE NEXT 18 MONTHS!

Was our blame of you personaly something that was weighing deeply on your mind?

If so, I would like to appologise, and assure you that we had no idea you even existed before today, much less had any notion of blaming you for anything.

wiccanWARRIOR said:
Sweet liberation.

The future is indeed what we make it.

No, the future is made by whatever group has the most influence, not you personaly. Now, one person can concievably become the most influencial, for example, in this case, if they got hired as the manager of WotC... Or one person could be part of the group of the most influencial (Such as if hardly anyone bought the 3.5 books), but I'm not convinced either are the case here... I'm pretty sure the latter isn't the case, and while I guess the former could become true some day, I'm not going to wager much money... or any money... or pretend money... on that concept.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Baraendur said:
Wonderful! I'm sure those books wouldn't have come in handy next time you need to find a new group to game with. I'm absolutely certain that future DMs and players will commend you on your preference of books and superior consumerism when they are using the new system while you are still carting around your old relics and trying to play in their game.

Good job!

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads