• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Miss Reviews

C.W.Richeson

Explorer
Ya know, RPGnet has an excellent review system. What's cool, though, is that since the license is non-exclusive you could use it as a temporary hosting place for your reviews and then just submit them to ENworld 2 when it goes live.

With the GamingIndex setup it's often the case that most of the nitty gritty - author names, ISBN, etc. - is already filled in, too.

I'm not trying to 'poach' or anything - I like reviews at both sites. But if you want a temporary solution that doesn't require someone building a new review system at a new site then it's a fine choice.

Festivus

First Post
Grymar said:
Which makes me think...how badly has the announcement and pending release of 4e affected the rpg market? I know my buying has slowed to a trickle over the past 4+ months. Is that a trend that has carried over the entire industry?

Same here, only buying miniatures, dice and other stuff that I know I can use in 4E should I decide to switch. Pathfinder I have a subscription to, but will be letting that lapse once my "free" issues are done... then it's wait and see what this summer holds for me.

On topic: I too miss the volume of reviews. Hmm, perhaps that means I should try and write one :)

Pinotage

Explorer
It's ENWorld that encouraged me to start writing reviews, so I'd be very happy to see the reviews section back. I found it useful, and complete, in the sense that ENWorld was the one place you were most likely to find an informative review on a particular product. I'll support any ideas to bring them back!

Pinotage

Merova

First Post
Yeah, I miss the reviews too. They were my main reason for coming to this site. If the review system can't be fixed, then I'm all in favor of having a review forum. I might actually start writing reviews again. ;)

---Olivia

Soel

First Post
I miss new reviews as well. The reviews are what drew me to this site, as they apparently did for many others.

Crothian

First Post
Well, the best way to get a review forum is to show that one is needed. That means people posting reviews here as threads under the review tag and then having some discussion of the review and book.

Zogmo

First Post
With the exception of a few products here and there I relied heavily on the reviews here to help me spend my limited monthly resources wisely.

All of you reviewers are important to me, and I give thanks. :)

(Off topic) Until reading this thread I didn't even realize that as of the 4e announcement I seem to have stopped spending on anything new except for the pre-order of the new edition. Weird.

Remove ads