• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I need a team of bad guys (my players stay out!)

Nareau

Explorer
I've had a group of evil NPCs kicking around in the background of my campaign for a little while, and it's coming time to have the PCs encounter them. I need some help coming up with good ideas for them.

They're part of a druidic organization called "The Western Gale," who believe that the humanoid races should be forcefully returned to a hunter-gatherer level of civilization. They love nothing more than to burn a city to the ground, forcing its inhabitants to scatter to the surrounding wilds.

There are about 6 of them. Each comes from a druidic background, but only one or two are single-classed druids. The others are barbarians, rangers, sorcerers, etc. They're between 15th and 18th level.

So, if you've got an NPC that fits the bill, post it! Or if you have ideas for the tactics of a druid-led team of evil, psychotic anarchists, I'd love to hear 'em.

Nareau

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Mods: move to Plots, Places & Rogues! perhaps?

With two Druids, this would be a great summoning + Aura party.

1/ Druid (SF:Conjuration + Augmented Summoning)
2/ Druid (SF:Conjuration + Augmented Summoning)
3/ Ranger 6 / Beastmaster 10 (Complete Adventurer)
4/ Dragon Shaman (PHB-II)
5/ Sorcerer (focused on transportation, utility, and the buffs Druids can't cast)
6/ Savage Bard (Unearthed Arcana, or here)

If you have Tome of Battle, consider a Warblade focused on White Raven in place of the Savage Bard -- or even just a few levels of Warblade for your Savage Bard, plus the feat Song of the White Raven.

If you have the Mini HB, consider a level of Marshal for the Sorcerer. Sorc 6 / Marshal 1 / Eldritch Knight isn't terrible. Sorc 6 / Marshal 1 / Abjurant Champion 5 / EK is better, though. :)

If you already have too many dudes to manage, swap the Beastmaster for a Barbarian 4 / Sorcerer 1 / Dragon Disciple 10. Make him a type of half-dragon that's immune to the Dragon Shaman's breath weapon.

Cheers, -- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
If you're using Psionics, then the party might be instead:

1/ Druid
2/ Druid
3/ Dragon Shaman (PHB-II)
4/ Barbarian 4 / Marshal 3 / Pyrokineticist
5/ Psion (Nomad) with Expanded Knowledge (astral construct)
6/ Ranger 2 / Soulknife 4 / Soulbow 10 (from here)

The front line are the animal companions, summoned critters, and the Dragon Shaman & Barbarian. Second line are the Druids, who cast spells & summon more critters while also guarding the Nomad and Ranger. The Nomad and Ranger are the artillery. (The Ranger has Soulbow levels primarily to give him unlimited Human-bane ammo. Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!)

Cheers, -- N

How about a covey of hags being half of the organization? With their covey powers, they all don't necessarily have to be druids, giving some more diversity to the group. Sea hags can be nasty with their Horrific Appearance and Evil Eye abilities, especially if they focus in a Cha-based class like bard or sorcerer. The Annis could be a human or elf hating ranger and the Green Hag might be a rogue or a druid

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Quartz said:
Can I suggest that the all have the Vow of Poverty feat?
Err... wouldn't many of the activities necessary to burn civilization and reduce mankind to stone-age technology tend to conflict with one's Exalted Good status?

Cheers, -- N

WarlockLord

First Post
I had this really, really cool Drow Sorceror5/Mindbender 1/Nightmare Spinner 5 NPC bad guy who was really effective. You could use someone like that to 'prove' the irrationality of humans (and why they must all be destroyed), and give him fireball to aid in the burning.

Quartz

Hero
Nifft said:
Err... wouldn't many of the activities necessary to burn civilization and reduce mankind to stone-age technology tend to conflict with one's Exalted Good status?
You could always substitute Vile feats.

Remove ads