I need AC !!!

Hi,

I am currently playing a fighter2/sorcerer5. Since I am still involved in combat alot, I am in desperate need for more AC than Mage Armor and shield can provide.

Any suggestions on how to improve (e.g. spells, items, ...) it?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Cat's Grace will bump your DEX for a fairly long time.

Look for magic items of different bonus types -- ideally you'll want to have something with an armor bonus, something with a natural armor bonus, and something with a deflection bonus at minimum.

Wear armor if you don't mind having a chance to blow your spells.

James McMurray

First Post
Relics and Rituals has a spell called Blazing Shield which provdes an AC bonus and stacks with mage Armor.

When you hit 6th, pick up haste. Not only does it make you a more effective combatant for a short time, it also adds to your AC with a +4 dodge bonus.

so the secret is to find different boni that stack ???

ok, thx, i'll look for them. need two more levels for cat's grace, though (spent all my 2nd level spells already) :D

James McMurray said:
Relics and Rituals has a spell called Blazing Shield which provdes an AC bonus and stacks with mage Armor.

When you hit 6th, pick up haste. Not only does it make you a more effective combatant for a short time, it also adds to your AC with a +4 dodge bonus.

What level is Blazing Shield?

Also, you'd prefer haste over a fireball/lightning bolt type of spell? I am thinking in overall party-combat-use terms there...

Victim

First Post
THerer are other ways to avoid being hit than simply AC. There are a number of spells that can make enemies miss without affecting AC. Mirror Image creates illusionary copies to draw attack. Blur or Displacement give foes a % chance to miss regardless of your AC.

I doubt that anyone in your group will be displeased if you learn Haste. It can help everyone.

Rashak Mani

First Post
Same thing Victim said...

Mirror Image - can make even a very high level fighter miss you while AC can be overcome by high BAB... only for you thou...

Displacement - last too little in my opinion.
Blur - 20% for a 2nd lvl spell !! No way...

Protection from Evil +2 AC

Finally HASTE !! +4 AC and you get to cast 2 spells a round !!

My Wizard has Bracers +2 so he avoids using mage armor unless necessary (i carry a scroll no slot used) ... Dex 18 (Elf) +4 ... Shield Spell +7 (no Magic Miss) = total AC 23

Now I have tumble skill and if necessary I go full defensive for +6 = AC 29 ( AC31 with Mage Armor)

As soon as I get haste that will be finally +4 for AC 33 (full defensive and mage 41 AC ) Not bad for a Wizard... :)

Remove ads