D&D 5E I think Elspeth just ended up in the Forgotten Realms.

If you follow the lastest MtG story you will know what I mean, for the rest of you, I'll qoute the important part.

"She had time to glance at Kaya and Kaito as light crested over the lip of the sylex and a sharp crack echoed through the room, marking her disappearance. The sylex went with her, bound for some unknown destination, some point beyond the Blind Eternities."

This precludes Theros, Ravnica, Kaladesh, etc..., it could be the Un-verse, but I think we all know it's not.

It's the Forgotten Realms which is in the Great Wheel cosmology, Beyond the Blind Eternities.

Scribe

Legend
If you follow the lastest MtG story you will know what I mean, for the rest of you, I'll qoute the important part.

"She had time to glance at Kaya and Kaito as light crested over the lip of the sylex and a sharp crack echoed through the room, marking her disappearance. The sylex went with her, bound for some unknown destination, some point beyond the Blind Eternities."

This precludes Theros, Ravnica, Kaladesh, etc..., it could be the Un-verse, but I think we all know it's not.

It's the Forgotten Realms which is in the Great Wheel cosmology, Beyond the Blind Eternities.

I mean, they are ruining everything else they touch, why not take another kick at their lore (that remains after the purge of all non-5e canon!).

I mean, they are ruining everything else they touch, why not take another kick at their lore (that remains after the purge of all non-5e canon!).

They've been building up to this for years now. I'll judge it when I see how they handle it and the level of merging, it could just be both exist seperately, but in rare cases one can go from one to the other via a broader multiverse cluster (for lack of a better term), or MtG could just get absorbed by the more popular and fameous multiverse, D&D's Great Wheel. We could find out the Blind Eternities is just a dangerous part of the Astral Sea or something or is contained in a Crystal Sphere like Eberron's cosmology.

Te former would likely only have a minor splash, but the latter could cause the Vorthos Community to freak the **** out. Either way this should be interesting.

Scribe

Legend
They've been building up to this for years now. I'll judge it when I see how they handle it and the level of merging, it could just be both exist seperately, but in rare cases one can go from one to the other via a broader multiverse cluster (for lack of a better term), or MtG could just get absorbed by the more popular and fameous multiverse, D&D's Great Wheel. We could find out the Blind Eternities is just a dangerous part of the Astral Sea or something or is contained in a Crystal Sphere.

I dont care if they have been hinting at it. Its a terrible idea and diminishes both 'brands'.

So, Elminster and Drizzt Compleated is a possibility?

Drizzt is shielded by plot armour (potential Drizzt TV show and RA Salvatore novels), and if Elminister gets Compleated, if it's even possible, Mystra goes to New Phyrexia and nukes it with it's own magic and then sticks Realmbreaker in a place that will have Elesh Norn sitting funny for eternity. Think of the time that Elminister was trapped in Hell minus the protection of Asmodeus.

If Phyrexians invade FR, it's lesser know folks and monsters who get compleated, no one with movie/tv potential.

In fact I wonder if FR adventure with a cosmic horror threat coming later this year will have the Phyrexians as the cosmic horror threat.

Scribe

Legend
Drizzt is shielded by plot armour (potential Drizzt TV show and RA Salvatore novels), and if Elminister gets Compleated, if it's even possible, Mystra goes to New Phyrexia and nukes it with it's own magic and then sticks Realmbreaker in a place that will have Elesh Norn sitting funny for eternity. Think of the time that Elminister was trapped in Hell minus the protection of Asmodeus.

If Phyrexians invade FR, it's lesser know folks and monsters who get compleated, no one with movie/tv potential.

In fact I wonder if FR adventure with a cosmic horror threat coming later this year will have the Phyrexians as the cosmic horror threat.

rofl, just read what you wrote and tell me again why even the concept is a 'good idea'.

Hardest of passes.

rofl, just read what you wrote and tell me again why even the concept is a 'good idea'.

Hardest of passes.

Some of that was tongue in cheek. I didn't say it was a good or bad idea, I reserve judgement till I see where this goes.

I do think I know why they are doing this, it's because outside of the Vorthos community, almost nobody knows wtf MtG is, it has deep fandom,but no cultural penetration outside of it's own fandom, heck even among MtG players only 25% know what Planeswalkers even ARE. Almost all attempts to commercialize MtG's setting beyond the card game has failed, except digital simulations of the card games, comics and novels, and the really big exception the D&D MtG setting books. Even the MtG cartoon and MMO seem to have failed.

Usually the lores popularity among MtG fans would be enough, but damn it WotC can turn that into a cinematic universe!

Solution, hitch it's wagon to it's more fameous cousin, D&D, add it's settings to the DDCU.

It's already clear via the canon mess and UB among other things that WotC doesn't care if this pisses off a chunk of the fandom. Hell they just compleated their MtG poster boy Jace, that how little shits they give now about the previous era.

Remove ads