TSR I think we’ve finally made it!

Vaalingrade

Legend
Did you also make up the stories about Dave Chappelle being anti-trans despite have a very close trans friend who opened his shows, who then killed herself after people like you attacked her for sticking up for Dave. Just curious. Ernie Gygax and company may be idiots but I wouldn't automatically make up stuff in attempts to stick it on them.
I'm pretty sure Dave and Netflix 'made up' anti-trans stories and put them on stream for money. Ernie did it for free on Youtube.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Where I am, transsexual is nonoffensive.

But yeah, transgender is more accurate, where "gender" specifically refers to the nonphysical aspects of identity.
Yeah, I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily offensive it’s just less accurate because it implies a transition of sex characteristics, which is not something all, or even most, transgender people pursue.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I'm pretty sure Dave and Netflix 'made up' anti-trans stories and put them on stream for money. Ernie did it for free on Youtube.
Chapelle’s special is a complex topic, but probably beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice to say, while there’s plenty of legitimate critiques to be made of the special, I don’t think claiming he “made up anti-trans stories” is one of them.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Chapelle’s special is a complex topic, but probably beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice to say, while there’s plenty of legitimate critiques to be made of the special, I don’t think claiming he “made up anti-trans stories” is one of them.
1) That's why 'made up' was in quotes.
2) Being one of the people blindsided by not having heard the news before clicking on what they thought was a comedy special that turned out to be a political screed, I watched one of those specials and at the very least the one about the--board room (it is so hard to describe it without being as graphic and tasteless as the actual 'bit') was made up.

I think I'm glad that other than the reference to Morrus, I don't recognize any insults or dog whistles. I know not everyone is ignorant of these things, because in many cases they are directly affected by it (too often in a bad way, and that's bad), but I feel fortunate that I have not had any reason to learn these things.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The hateful references against "Morris" largely relates to the ENWorld community defending these innocents from the NuTSR corporation.
Without knowing what's in the module itself there's no way yet of knowing whether the 'Morrus' reference is simply a tongue-in-cheek mention or something more (though given these guys' history, it easily could be 'something more'). If it was intended to be a shot of hate toward Morrus I'd expect them to have used that name for whatever uber-nasty BBEG the module features, rather than a simple village.

Had anyone else written that same thing into a module's cover blurb I think we'd all be chuckling over it. As it is, we can still laugh at the bad editing...

Never mind that the front-page treatment on the news page here has already given that module more advertising than it'd likely ever get anywhere else, and for free too.

Remove ads