TSR I think we’ve finally made it!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Its a complicated subject without going to much on religion and politic.

There are things called Blood libel and Judensau that were described in old ''jewish conspiracy canard'' which ritual sacrifice and desecration in the name of demonic entities, generally Satan, Moloch, Abaddon and Bhaal.

You can go read on the subject, maybe starting with the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, but its pretty depressing and not a good read, so I'd advise against it if you are on a good mood today.

So let's just say that, along with things like...well poisoning, it doesnt look too good. But the book would have to be read to pass judgement.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Without knowing what's in the module itself there's no way yet of knowing whether the 'Morrus' reference is simply a tongue-in-cheek mention or something more (though given these guys' history, it easily could be 'something more'). If it was intended to be a shot of hate toward Morrus I'd expect them to have used that name for whatever uber-nasty BBEG the module features, rather than a simple village.
Even if there is no other references, it's already a shot. It says the Morris runs a small community in an obscure kingdom. Basically, that they are all unimportant.

On top of it, there's a dogwhistle - a call out to followers - to poison the well. Basically, a deniable call for people to come here just to be disruptive and mess with the community.

Without knowing what's in the module itself there's no way yet of knowing whether the 'Morrus' reference is simply a tongue-in-cheek mention or something more (though given these guys' history, it easily could be 'something more'). If it was intended to be a shot of hate toward Morrus I'd expect them to have used that name for whatever uber-nasty BBEG the module features, rather than a simple village.

If this was a publisher I'd never heard of, I would agree with you 100%. Without more information, it's best to assume no malice. If a lot of other people did the same thing, it would be a tribute, not an insult.

But we know a lot about NuTSR and Justin LaNasa. LaNasa is the guy who decided to "call out" ENWorld as being "full of [excrement]" during an interview. He's the guy that screams "You know nothing!" at people on his indiegogo campaign. He's the guy who told Tim Kask to "Go suck Lukes/ wotc / [anatomy] you [expletive] coward." I am happy to provide sources, and more, if needed. But I think it's pretty clear he's not the kind of guy that does "tongue-in-cheek". It's not a style I've ever seen him use since he started NuTSR.

Also related, the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum once made a post that said "Will what we create be racist, religionist, preffist, age-ist? Probably not". I can't help but focus on that word "probably".

Last edited:

Remove ads