• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

*I thought* The universe *was* playing tricks on me.

Angcuru

First Post
So I am finally nearly just about 'over' this girl I've been in love with for over a year, but by circumstance and lack of courage never got to tell her. And then guess who I should meet by the vending machines during my 5 minute break during my night class on Wednesday, with only enough time to say a shocked "HI!" before she had to go back to her class?

The universe is toying with me, I just know it. At least I have 13 more classes at the same time and place (but not room) as she does, so my chances of seeing her again are there, but not great. But won't it just be so horribly sucking if that's all I see of her?

Jeez, it's like being almost done quitting drinking, and then by complete accident getting a drink and then the world's supply of alcohol may or may not go dry. Or some similar thingy. Meh.

Last edited:

Angcuru

First Post
dreaded_beast said:
At least your not in love with your next-door-neighbor, like I was.

Ahh, the sweet pain of high-school, hehe. :)
Ah, the overly-done semi-drama ickiness that was high school. Don't miss that part one bit, just the people. Well...most of them. :p

Ashwyn

First Post
Angcuru said:
So I am finally nearly just about 'over' this girl I've been in love with for over a year, but by circumstance and lack of courage never got to tell her.
I've been in love with someone for over a year too, but I told her. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, as they say. I doubt I'll ever be over her, and it kinda sucks, but hey, they're my feelings and I'd not give them up even though they hurt me sometimes. I don't need her to love me, it'd be nice, but what I want is for her to be happy, and help her reach that goal however I can. No matter what happens, I still have my feelings for her, and that can be enough. So don't worry, it can and will pass, and you can get through it. Or maybe circumstances will arise that allow the two of you to be together. You never know. Stay strong. :)

Krieg

First Post
Ask her out. You have absolutely nothing to lose and you'll regret it in 20 years if you don't.

If she turns you down, that's fine as it will finally allow you to get on with your life.

If she says yes.... :)

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
That does suck. I'm in a pretty similar boat, aside from the fact that I actually got to date mine for a couple of weeks, and that she sits right next to me at work.

Mystery Man

First Post
Carpe Diem bro. Man up Angcuru, find this girl and ask her out! Chance and circumstance preventing you be damned! All she can do is say no, then you know and can move on.

I have no idea what its like now-a-days since I've been married for 10 years this August but when I was younger and single if the young lady didnt have a ring on her finger and wasn't going out with one of my friends she was fair game.

You never no until you know. You know?

Heh, I remember if one of us was shy about asking a girl the rest of the guys would get the shy one worked up like Celts before a battle. There's nothing more poetic than the steely eyed determination of a man.......

I'll say no more, starting to get wistful.

Don't reply with excuses as to why not, matter of fact don't reply until you have an answer from this woman!

Now get out there! Seek and destroy! You're an animal! Nothing can stand in your way! Go, go, gooooooooo! :D

Edit: Just talked to the wife, it'll be nine years. It just feels like 10. :)

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
I have found that it's remarkably easy to gate a date with someone if you ask, but remarkably difficult if you don't.

Asking isn't a sure bet, but the odds are on your side. Most girls- if they aren't total grumble mumble- are willing to give most anyone a chance to show that they're worthwhile.

Angcuru

First Post
Hell, I know the madness that comes when you don't ask, I've been going through it for almost a year. I've been trying to get in touch with her, but had absolutely no way of contacting her.

Actually, there was a party on Saturday I went to, just a calm friendly get-together (not counting that couple that broke up right in the middle, but that's beside the point), where there was supposed to be a surprise for me i.e. her showing up. My friends got in touch with her through some miracle, but she had prior unbreakable engagements or something. And my friends won't give me her phone #, as they want our meeting to be a surprise for her, and they know that I'll just get all nervous and mess up if I'm the one doing the talking. Hate to say it, but they're right about that part. :p So chances are good that I'll get to see her sooner or later. Preferrably sooner.

Hmm... if they want it to be a surprise for her, then maybe that means... :D.

Krieg

First Post
Angcuru said:
Hmm... if they want it to be a surprise for her, then maybe that means... :D.

;)

...and remember:
1. Eliminate your desire.
2. Be excellent in her presence.
3. Withdraw.

Remove ads