D&D 4E I want 4E NOW!

pukunui

Legend
I too would like to be instantly gratified by getting the 4e game rules now. So much so that I am having difficulty concentrating on my various daily tasks and my graphic design work. However, the more practical side of me knows it ain't gonna happen and I'm just going to have to wait until June. I keep telling myself that the rulebooks will be my gift to myself for successfully completing my graphic design course in May.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Dude, I'm in the same boat: I want it RIGHT NOW.

4e has made me interested in running D&D again---something I never thought I'd want to do.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I also want it NOW. Mainly because I'm a gearhead. In the best case, I'll play 4E as written. More probably, I'll make minor changes to the flavour to suit my and my players' likes. In the worst case, I'll rip 4E apart, sprinkle the remains with AE and 3E, cook it, bake it, and get my personal 4E.

For me, it's a win-win situation, but then, I like crunch, simply because it offers me a new take on things.

Cheers, LT.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'm fairly jazzed for 4E but I don't need it right now, mostly because I've got an ongoing campaign that still has a good 9 levels to go before it ends and I plan on keeping it 3.5. So I'm fairly Zen-like in my 4E needs.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I'm jonesing for some 4e right now. One of my old friends who dropped out of D&D when 3.5 came out is really excited about it too.

He was an old school 1e/2e fan. He liked 3e at first, but it came too much to DM. He got burned out and actually quit gaming altogether.

He felt like he could no longer just make encounters on the fly without following a bunch of complex rules and formulas. He said that 4e seems like it will go back to his 1e days when he could just make stuff up. Only now there will be an underlying system behind the numbers you come up with for your monsters and NPCs. I haven't seen him this excited about D&D in years.

June can't come fast enough!

Remove ads