D&D 4E I want 4E NOW!

SoulsFury

Explorer
I've already preorder Keep on the Shadowfell. I can't wait to get a new game going but I'm waiting till 4th edition comes out. Thats one reason I'm starting a play by post game so my players get into the DnD mood.

pukunui

Legend
HP Dreadnought said:
I'm not really interested in my current campaign anymore because I'm chomping at the bit for the new rules. Everytime some lame 3.5ism comes up, we all talk about how "this will be better in 4E!"
You couldn't have described my situation any better than this. I'm actually going to stop DMing once my current RHoD campaign finishes because I have totally lost interest in 3.5. I was willing to put up with all the annoying stuff in 3.5 when I thought I was going to be stuck with it for years and years, but now that I know there's something that's looking a helluva lot better on the horizon, I just can't be bothered struggling through all the 3.5 math. As for my group ... almost every session we have, something comes up where I'll comment, "They're getting rid of this in 4e ..." or "in 4e, this is going to be done so much better ..." or whatever. And my players (all of whom are in their 30s-40s and grew up on 1e/2e but are new to 3e) always give a cheer.

To be honest, I can wait until June for the rules. What I want NOW is the full "world" fluff. In particular, I want the names and portfolios of the new pantheon of deities. That, to me, is one of the more fundamental parts of world-building. I have a feeling I won't get that kind of information until I'm holding the new books in my hands ... which is a bummer because it means I won't be able to properly build a 4e homebrew world ahead of time. I'll only be able to draw a map and start filling in a few little bits here and there using what I know about the game from the preview books.

Last edited:

Wormwood

Adventurer
pukunui said:
I'm actually going to stop DMing once my current RHoD campaign finishes because I have totally lost interest in 3.5.
Okay, you sound exactly like the DM of my current RHoD game.

You wouldn't happen to be Mark G., by any chance? ;)

Callikah

First Post
add me to that list, im currently building my own homebrew world in anticipation of 4e and before i started to read up on 4e on these boards i thought i would never play d&d again, now i cant wait for that first adventure so i can test drive the system and get an idea of how to blend the rules into my world, incidentally if it wernt for the info on here my homebrew wouldnt exist coz it only came about from ideas on these boards that spurred my imagination so thanks guys :)

zoroaster100

First Post
I also am anxiously awaiting 4E. I have a group of three potential players waiting in the wings who have expressed interest in trying D&D for the first time. I am considering waiting until 4E comes out to DM a game for them, so they start with the new rules right from the outset. I also have a group of very experienced players, but I don't know for sure if they will switch to 4E. I believe they still think 3E is a bit newfangled.

pogre

Legend
I think it's cool the excitement of the new edition has led so many folks with low post counts to give a shout out at this thread.

pukunui

Legend
pogre said:
I think it's cool the excitement of the new edition has led so many folks with low post counts to give a shout out at this thread.
I've got more of a presence over on the official d&d boards, but since I've pretty much lost interest in 3.5, I find myself lurking over here looking for 4e stuff a lot. I finally decided to post the other day and now I'm already at 39 posts (including this one). Still learning my way around.

BTW, I found a thread about the deities. Looks like we do know all their names - or at least we know what they were as of when W&M went to print. Something like that anyway. However, unless they give us more of a divine magic/4e religion preview before June, I think I'm going to have to leave my world-building until the last minute ... heh. Or at least leave the finer details.

Oh well.

Here's a question: anyone else having trouble concentrating on day-to-day stuff because of their excitement about 4e?

Remove ads