D&D 4E I want 4E NOW!

Nebulous

Legend
FitzTheRuke said:
EVERYTHING I hate about 3E is EXACTLY the stuff that Mike Mearls listed off the top of his head, and everything they state as their goals to fix.

totally agreed. I had lots of little quibbles with 3.x to the point that i would only want to run a heavily houseruled, low to mid-level campaign. Screw high level. That was totally broken. I can't say that i think 21st+ level in 4e won't have it's problems, but i think it will have less than previous editions. Hell, if they can actually make it feel like you're a god doing god-like stuff, i'll be impressed.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
pukunui said:
Here's a question: anyone else having trouble concentrating on day-to-day stuff because of their excitement about 4e?

I hit "refresh" here an awful lot.

Nebulous

Legend
TwoSix said:
I hit "refresh" here an awful lot.

Unfortunately, i do too. I haven't been this excited about an upcoming product since Halo 3. I'm actually much more pumped for 4e than i ever was for 3e.

hargert

First Post
I was lucky enough to get to test 3.0 months before it came out as I worked in the computer gaming industry and we had access to the new rules then. Unfortunately I got out of that line of work and now I have to wait until it comes out in June. I even tried contacting old co-workers who are still in the industry to see if I could friend of a friend my way into testing with no luck :-(

When I first heard they were doing a 4th edition I did not care a great deal but as more info has come out I find that I agree with quite a bit that they are doing. There are of course some things I don’t like but I choose not to get upset by them and will just house rule around them, so no big deal.

Blacksmithking

First Post
I've been "cloudwatching" on this board and boards1.wizards.com for months now. I haven't bought a single thing for 3.5e since the announcement of 4e. Instead, I've turned to WoW for my role-playing fix.

pukunui

Legend
I'm glad I'm not the only one being seriously distracted by all the 4e teasers.

@ Steely Dan: I'm definitely looking forward to 4e from a DM's perspective. However, the way 4e is shaping up, I might actually want to be a player again. I simply couldn't play 3.5 as a player because I can't stand the default rules. I could only play as the DM because then I was in charge of the rules and could change them how I saw fit rather than having to accept someone else's rules authority. With 4e, though, I might be willing to play by the default rules, which means someone else can have a turn DMing ... maybe ... ;)

Dire Lemming said:
I do not want 4E now. I might want it when it's finished, but I'm pretty sure I'll hate it if it's released now.
Once the books go to the printers, which should be very soon, then the rules will be finished ... and it'll just be a matter of having to sit and wait for the release date to arrive. Fortunately, we'll be able to get some vicarious 4e love from those lucky devils who get to go to D&D Experience and play 4e for real. If I was still living back home in Philadelphia, I would so be going. I also would've tried really hard to be a playtester. But since they decided to do playtesting in the US only and I am now living in New Zealand, I'm outta luck on both counts.

Vayden

First Post
Can't wait 'til June, can't wait 'til June, can't wait 'til June . . .

I enjoyed my 3.5 games a lot, but knowing there's something better coming has made me totally lose interest in 3.5. I'm already planning to take time off work as soon as it comes out. (Man, I'm a geek).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Wormwood said:
I spend 80% of my work day checking out this site.

Yeah. A little.

I own a Comic & Game store and can pretend it's part of my job to check out this site, as if knowing what's coming will REALLY tell me how many to order. I just hope that MY love for the implied rules doesn't make me order too many...

(I also tell my employees that I'm doing "bookkeeping" when I'm reading Design & Development articles...

I'll be stealing Keep on the Shadowfell from myself the minute it's in the door.

pogre said:
I think it's cool the excitement of the new edition has led so many folks with low post counts to give a shout out at this thread.spend 80% of my work day checking out this site.

I think most of us with a positive outlook on 4E lurk to avoid being flamed at by the haters.

Fitz

Sphyre

First Post
The Ubbergeek said:
I'd like it to come quick, too.... so everyone be settled, the flames wars quenched.

Long months. But we passed january....5 remains.

Well, more like 4.

4 months, 2 hours, central standard time until midnight June 6th.

Although, I've preordered my books from amazon.com with super saver shipping, so I won't be receiving my books until the 10th, but being as I had a $50 borders gift card, it's only around 16 dollars for all 3 core books for me :)

Remove ads