D&D 4E I want 4E NOW!

HP Dreadnought

First Post
Yeah, I can't wait either.

I'm not really interested in my current campaign anymore because I'm chomping at the bit for the new rules. Everytime some lame 3.5ism comes up, we all talk about how "this will be better in 4E!"

Wormwood

Adventurer
HP Dreadnought said:
I'm not really interested in my current campaign anymore because I'm chomping at the bit for the new rules. Everytime some lame 3.5ism comes up, we all talk about how "this will be better in 4E!"
I'm currently playing in two 3.5 games---and I absolutely know what you are talking about.

Stoat

Adventurer
HP Dreadnought said:
Yeah, I can't wait either.

Thirded. I started a new 3.5 campaign online about a year ago. Technological limitations have caused it to move in fits and starts, and I'm desperately hoping that the DDI can improve that.

I've also got a player who never goes anywhere, anywhere, without saying, "I spot and listen. I hide and move silently." Oh, how I look forward to passive "perception" checks!

JeffB

Legend
Dragonblade said:
One of my old friends who dropped out of D&D when 3.5 came out is really excited about it too.

He was an old school 1e/2e fan. He liked 3e at first, but it came too much to DM. He got burned out and actually quit gaming altogether.

He felt like he could no longer just make encounters on the fly without following a bunch of complex rules and formulas. He said that 4e seems like it will go back to his 1e days when he could just make stuff up. Only now there will be an underlying system behind the numbers you come up with for your monsters and NPCs. I haven't seen him this excited about D&D in years.

This describes myself to a "T". By the time 3.5 rolled around , I'd had it with DM'ing 3.0 and quit. Being a grog, I picked up C&C when it came to light, and piddled a a bit with that. But haven't run a game in some time. I was very apprehensive about 4E the first few months, but the more I hear the more I like, though not everything. The thing I remain most worried about is Fighter powers/feats: just how..err..."Exalted"..they may be. :\

Moochava

First Post
I know how you feel. I've been haunting these boards for about a month now, picking up what tidbits I can and trying to figure out what sort of game I want to run if I can find a good group. 3E was a blast, but the idea of D&D that's easier on the DM sounds fantastic. I wish I had more details of the game that I could use to start generating a campaign. Right now I'm leaning toward a "first crusade"-style game with the PCs trapped in the "trample zone" between the two warring factions (a good scenario for the shiny new Warlord class), but I need more system before I can really start building.

Stomphoof

First Post
I can't stand all the planning I have to do in 3.5 Ed... I like to DM, I like to make stories but I hate how I feel like I gotta plan EVERYTHING, including random encounters, just in case my players decide to wander off.

I like how 4th Ed sounds and I for one will be picking up the premade adventure H1 - Keep on the Shadowfell so I can give the thing a good test run.

Talislan

First Post
Add me to this list by default.

Whenever I pick up a book from a new author I have to pick up the first in the series so that I don't have the feeling of having something (knowledge) missing as I go along through the story.
Its the same with my gaming, I want it all, for good or for bad, but from the ground up.

I've been away so long and I want a chance to start "at the beginning".
In this, 4e will be nothing but a big dose of perfect - for my needs. :cool:

T.

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
I've gotten the band back together, but I'm afraid to try and explain 3.5 to one of them, knowing it is a lame duck and a confusing fat one-winged lame duck at that. 4e now!

Agamon

Adventurer
I and my group have gone from cautiously optomistic (with a pessimist thrown in) to excitedly discussing our first 4E game last night. My AoW game should be done in 3 or 4 months, which is perfect. I'm working on my new homebrew in the interim. Looking forward to it!

Remove ads