• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I want to keep watching "Bones" but it is bugging me.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Bones is already off my radar. It ranged from trite to absurd, and seemed a great deal too much like watching actors play roles. Plus it's on in the same time slot as Navy NCIS, which pretty much kills Bones in this house.

And comparing Bones to House is, IMO, just silly. The latter is extremely well-written, has a solid cast of core characters led by a top-notch actor, regularly tackles and intelligently explores controversial topics, et cetera.

Bones is just a second-rate CSI: spin-off, and there are already way too many of them on TV.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Mad Hatter said:
Zephyrus- I can see the charm that is 'Bones'. What I have are nitpicks that are inconsequential. ;) It will probably get more entertaining. And to keep it fresh as long as it's CSI-like, then it should do fine. The lab crew'll probably branch out, it's just that they are kinda annoying.

The only thing bad with that analogy is that: isn't there already a bunch of CSI shows out there? And how many "clones"? How many is too many? It's just like the glut of reality crap out there just because Survivor became a hit. Even NCSI is basically a CSI type show.

Vigilance

Explorer
Darth K'Trava said:
The only thing bad with that analogy is that: isn't there already a bunch of CSI shows out there? And how many "clones"? How many is too many? It's just like the glut of reality crap out there just because Survivor became a hit. Even NCSI is basically a CSI type show.

These things come in phases. There used to be nothing but westerns on.

When people stop watching them, the networks will stop making them.

As for Bones, I like it, because I find the characters funny and engaging.

Do I think its realistic? No, but I read John Douglass books when I want real crime. I watch TV to be entertained.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads