I was rejected by Dragon. Tell me what you think.

Knight Otu

First Post
Garboshnik said:
I'm not really sure there's a need to create a whole alternate mechanic for the sake of a handful of spells. It seems like you could squeeze the extra effects into existing systems somehow.
Well, for a magazine article, it would be a handful spells. With the option to expand it later. With a pdf release, it could easily be expanded "now" to several handfuls. The mechanic appears reasonably expandable.

kroh

First Post
I think seeing this as a complete adventure including the item and some spin off stuff would be a great. Write it up Ranger!

flayer.jpg

Regards,
Walt

Wycen

Explorer
I don't see why it couldn't work. As for introducing new mechanics, it depends really. Some people like them, some don't. Expending resources in whatever form to enhance a spell seems ok so long as it all equals out.

Now, consider Wotc's newer products, especially the Eberron books. We now have spells that work better when cast by particular races, (Insidious Insight cast by a gnome has a +1 caster level) and spells that are better when cast by someone with a particular birth mark, (spells in Magic of Eberron that are more effective when cast by someone with a particular Dragon Mark).

I'm not sure how I feel about these kinds of spells. Never-the-less you should do what you want with your writing.

Remove ads