D&D 5E [IC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thael is genuinly surprised by his cousin's response. "Why in the would would they not believe us? Anyways, I guess it won't hurt to go to the inn and discuss, but I don't see how our course of action will change".

"Didn't you study history? How do prophets usually end up in stories? Ridiculed. Exiled. Tortured or killed. You would upset status quo and people resist change if they are comfortable in life. Besides, why WOULD they believe us? Look at us. Motley collection of strangers to their city. And first time divers."

He orders drinks
"Now, maybe our action will not change, but it will be more directed, focused and with clear goal in mind, not just some vague, general notion of what we need. So!" he asks of the group
"What do we need? What do we want from The Guild? And how much do we want to tell them at this moment?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Raghnall weighs in on the conversation in his typically grunt."Instead of drinking we should be killing, that thing is still down there defiling corpses."

Kilvo's eyes and jaw shoot open. "You take that back!" he shouts. "You take that back right now! There's always time for drinkin', and don't ye be sayin' otherwise. That's blasphemy!"

With that, he hits down and has a drink. Or three.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thael politely refuses and asks for some hot water. Lookign at his cousin "So, when do we go back there to let them know that we have seen their god?"

Neurotic

"When you answer the question I asked. What do you hope to accomplish by saying that?
Let's say they hail you as a prophet. What would you ask of them?
Let's say they throw you out as a lunatic. What would you do?

What do we want to do besides getting that sorcerer out? What would you ask if someone offered help in material goods to take down that sorcerer?"

Ersarkess motions expansively with each question.

"I suggest we go there and see what is going on and what can we offer or buy from them. I doubt we're the first that got down there and yet, the sorcerer is still in the mansion. I know this is far fetched, but he may be in league with them re-selling them their items. I'm not saying he is, I don't believe it. But we need to prepare for every option. And know what we want to accomplish and what is minor sidetrack. For example, that dead man may no longer have axe wound and may be revived."

He drinks from his cup.
"My take on this: we go to the guild and look around as strangers would. We see if there is anything that can help against the sorcerer and the demons. We return the man to the surface and try to keep him alive, just because it is right thing to do. Then we plan again."

Azurewraith

Explorer
At the mention of the dead man and Raghnall's axe having a conversation the Scylvendi's expression changes to one of slight happiness before he begins to speak in a whisper just in case anyone can understand him."Forget the guild they cannot help us! They will exclaim is mad men, we can solve this on our own. We ended the abomination before this time we are prepared!"
With this Raghnall slams his fist down on the table causing his axe to clank against the cups on the table.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"When you answer the question I asked. What do you hope to accomplish by saying that?
Let's say they hail you as a prophet. What would you ask of them?
Let's say they throw you out as a lunatic. What would you do?

What do we want to do besides getting that sorcerer out? What would you ask if someone offered help in material goods to take down that sorcerer?"

Ersarkess motions expansively with each question.

"I suggest we go there and see what is going on and what can we offer or buy from them. I doubt we're the first that got down there and yet, the sorcerer is still in the mansion. I know this is far fetched, but he may be in league with them re-selling them their items. I'm not saying he is, I don't believe it. But we need to prepare for every option. And know what we want to accomplish and what is minor sidetrack. For example, that dead man may no longer have axe wound and may be revived."

He drinks from his cup.
"My take on this: we go to the guild and look around as strangers would. We see if there is anything that can help against the sorcerer and the demons. We return the man to the surface and try to keep him alive, just because it is right thing to do. Then we plan again."

Thael nods as he ponders his cousin's pont. Perhaps it is wiser not to show others, strangers or not, the gift that the jester god gave him. It is easy to prove that he did receive this gift, but perhaps he can keep this for a later time. Besides, his cousin's idea still might get him back down, where he can learn more arcana secrets.

"Agreed." He says, laconically, before he takes a sip of hot water.

Neurotic

OOC: [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], it seems we go to the guild incognito :)

"I suggest we prepare today and leave for underground tomorrow, after good nights sleep."

After some discussion, the party drinks up and goes looking for traders guild and equipment.

Remove ads