D&D 5E [IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

Fradak

Explorer
[IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

Fatigued by his too long journey, Heimdar kneeled, trying to spot any movement among the ruins. Traces of red marks could be seen on the Woodman's face, the signs of his commitment to his task.They were painted weeks ago, when his hunt for vengeance began. For all clothing, a leather armor and a grey hide were protecting him. Several axes were hanging from his belt and a long bow was on his back.

The hunter traveled too far from his home and he had lost all his friends in this madness. He realised that, but he had nothing left to live for in his homeland. The only sens he could give to his life was to keep going.

Heimdar picked up some dirt and smelled it before rubbing it on his hands. Yggmir, his black wolfhound, stepped out of the shadows, growling. "Yeah... You're right. I don't like that neither." He sighted and rose up "It's not our fight, sorry lad. Come on, Yggy. The sun will rise soon, lets go." He was ready to leave when Yggmir turned her head toward the woods, she had heard something, or someone, coming.

OOC: Yggmir passive perception is 20.

[sblock]
72ad6ab74ab7dfc21db3fb6f4ec1fb24.jpg

7db7908fadc94786f86a11f9b1f7a24c.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Ulfred sighed heavily as he looked at the ground. “It looks like Baldor ran into a large spider-web.” Ulfred shook his head, “there are drag marks, this isn’t good. ”

“I know this may be dire, but I suggest we move with caution.”
Ulfred said, with a forced grin, as he tried to display a calm expression.

OOC:
Ulfred is going to attempt to move with stealth, but if one of the others wants to charge ahead let’s do it.  Not like it will matter with that stealth roll
Investigation check: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

Stealth check: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Ulfred is moving forward with this bow and arrow so AC is 14

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing [/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"If he's caught by one of them spiders I saw in my trance, we'd better be quick," Ursa says urgently, and she rushes forward, looking around to see if she can find signs of spiders or Belgo.

After what seems like only a few strides forward, she spots a large large woodsman and a big dog by his side.

"Halt!" the woman warrior shouts, with confusion clear in her voice. She expected a large spider, or perhaps orcs, but not a seemingly normal man. Or is he?

"What have you done with Beldor?"

She halts her motion several metres away from Heimdar, her axe low but ready to use it. The small, muscled woman is obviously a fierce fighter; a few strands of her brown hair move before her eyes, but they do not diminish the fierce yet haunted look in her grey-blue eyes as she studies the woodsman intently.

Fradak

Explorer
"Easy Yggmir, easy." The dog reacted instinctively to the verbal aggression by growling toward the newcomers, but his master calmed the hound down while assessing the woman.

"It's a big axe you have there, woman... Be careful with that."
replied Heimdar who doesn't like to be wrongly accused.

"Although I like killing, this one was not my kind of prey... Your Beldor is behind this wall, but he got some company. It wont be easy to bring him back alive. How many other friends you have hiding behind you, Beorning?

After two weeks without talking to any human being, Heimdar was glad to hear the Anduin tongue even with a Beorning accent. She seemed keeping her nerves but she was not alone... The newcomers would be stressed by the disappearing of their comrade. And Heimdar had to dissuade anyone from becoming violent towards him. He had to deescalate the situation, using intimidation if necessary.

OOC: Intimidation: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [10, 17]+1 = 18 To keep everyone cool.

Does Heimdar know what kind of poison those spiders could use?
Nature: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
Is it just a sleep/paralyzing poison or some deadly poison?

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
As the two groups come upon each other in the clearing before the ruins and face off with some weariness. The hound Yggmir's hackles where up and a low growling sound came from deep in its throat -- but the great dog's head was facing the ruins and not the second group.

As they drew closer to each other the smell of the place assaulted them -- a mixture of rotting flesh and something vile.

GM: Helmdar knows that most of the great Spiders of the Mirkwood have a short term paralyzing poison that can also make its victims nauseous. Most of their poison is short term though and does not generally kill as the spider enjoy eating "still-living" food

Fradak

Explorer
[IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

"Your friend might still be alive. If you... What is it Yggy? Easy girl... Wait, something's wrong."

Swiftly, Heimdar caught his bow and nocked an arrow.

"It looks like someone is still hungry."

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Heimdar could not see what had so unsettled Yggmir but he could hear the sounds of many legs stealthily moving about on the other side of the ruined wall...

eayres33

Explorer
Ulfred nodded his head at the wild looking man and his dog. He tried to hide his worry and his annoyance at all the noise they had been making. Between the noise he made going through the underbrush, the wolf and Ursa and the man talking the whole woods would know they were coming.

Ulfred held his index finger up to his mouth for a moment and he started to slowly circle the perimeter of the ruin his bow drawn.

OOC:
Ulfred will try to get a view of what is around the corner inching forward but staying far back from the wall.
AC currently 14

Stealth check: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14

Perception if applicable: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

Investigation if it fits better: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing [/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ursa knows better than to ignore an animal's instinct, and she turns towards the old ruin, her stance defensive and ready.

Only now does she realize this is the place she came upon in her spirit form, and where she felt such a dark presence.

"Watch out," she whispers as Ulfred ventures forward cautiously, "I felt a terrible presence here during my patrol, only moments ago."

Ursa makes sure the scared boy stays close to her, and she positions herself between him and whatever awaits in the ruins.

Remove ads