5E [IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

Fradak

Explorer
With two spiders on him, Heimdar goes for his shield and aims for the spider's legs. Doing big gestures, he tries to drives them off, protecting the cocoon and Caranthir.

OOC: Action:Attack:
1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6


If Caranthir moves with the cocoon:
Movement:
Heimdar covers them toward the nearest exist.

If Caranthir choose to fight: Heimdar stands his ground.
 
Last edited:

GreenKarl

Villager
Dropping his bow and quick drawing his sword, Ulfred’s blade slashed the spider before him while with a great shout, Ursa ripped the webs that entangled her! Heimdar slashed at the spider before him while shouting for Caranthir to recover the entrapped form of Beldor. His sword cut the creature causing it to hiss in pain while the elf dropped down to the courtyard below and scooped up the webbed form. The elf then started towards Ursa and Ulfred and the exit out of the courtyard.

One of the spiders facing Ursa backed off and hissed at her while the other bite feebly to no affect. One of the spiders on Heimdar also failed in biting at the woodsman while the other moved cautiously away from him to case its food that the elf Caranthir was so rudely taking away from their lair. Unfortunately for the Daleman, the spider on Ulfred was just barely able to get past his defenses and inflicted a painful bite too his shield arm!

GM: What waiting for Caranthir’s action but I will just NPC him this round.

Initiative
22 - Ulfred
18 - Ursa
17 - Heimdar and Caranthir
16 - Attercop spider[sblock=Rolls & Results]Ulfred hit spider #3 for 7 points damage bring it down to 15 hit points
Ursa escaped her restrained condition
Heimdar hit spider #4 for 6 points of damage bring it down to 16 hit points
Caranthir makes a Acrobatics check: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16, made it. He take no damage from the drop down to the courtyard and his action is to grab up Beldor. He then moves 15ft towards the tower and is 10ft from Ursa now.

Heimdar can try and leap down to the courtyard with a DC 15 Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check and this takes ½ his Movement or he can run along the top of the wall or try to jump down on the other side the wall (same DC). Or he can make an DC 15 Strength (Athletics) climb check as an action to avoid spider webs. Failure in the jump he takes 2d6 bludgeoning damage and falls prone.

Spider #1 back off (as it was not in melee with Ursa) to see if its webs recharge recharge on a 5-6: 1D6 = [2] = 2, no. It doesn’t take an action to try but they are cowardly.
Spider #2 bites at Ursa Attack, damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9; 1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8, miss!
Spider #3 tries to bite Ulfred Attack, damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
, just barely hit him for 6 piercing damage bring him down to 14 hit points.
Spider #4 tries to bite Heimdar Attack, damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14; 1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Spider #5 takes the Disengage Action away from Heimdar and moves to melee with Caranthir[/sblock][sblock=Conditions]Ulfred HP 14/20
Ursa HP 28/28
Heimdar HP 20/24
Caranthir HP 16/16

Attercop #1 HP 18/22
Attercop #2 HP 22/22
Attercop #3 HP 15/22
Attercop #4 HP 16/22
Attercop #5 HP 22/22[/sblock]Heroes Actions and Rolls for Round 3?
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With another roar, Ursa grabs her mighty axe in both hands and swings it down in a mighty slash. The spider closest to her is the target, but the warrior woman has barely finished her move before her attention returns to the other arachnid, the one that had her encased in its webs just moments before.

OOC: Attack adjactent attercop (#2) with greataxe, adjusted for Battle-fury: [roll0] for [roll1] damage.
If it goes down, she moves up to attercop #1; if not, she stays where she is.

By the way, Ursa will not run away unless either attercop #1 is down, or her party members are fleeing or dying. Her rage is currently overwhelming her sense of what they've planned.
 

Fradak

Explorer
Heimdar dropped his axe at his feet and lightened up a torch before throwing it on the ground along the wall. He hopes it will set the web on fire and burn the spider in the process.

OOC: So, if I get it correctly, 1 spider is on the wall, fighting Heimdar who is on top of it. If the torch falls on the ground, it will burn the web the spider is on. But I'm not sure about the precise position of the spider.
 

eayres33

Villager
Ulfred turned away as the spider’s bite found its home. “You will find no quarter here! Ursa show these foul beasts the furry of the bear!”
Ulfred turned back towards the beast swinging hard but just missing. Ulfred sneared as he stared down the wounded spider

OOC:
Ulfred uses bonus action to give Ursa a Warden's Gift a D6 that can be added to skill check, attack roll or ST

I think putting on the shield is an action, so Ulfred will keep swinging away, if he can put it on as a free action he of course will do that now

AC 16 without shield, 18 if he can equipped shield as free action

Attacked the spider that I hit before but came up just short.

Ulfred Broadsword attack: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

Villager
GM: I believe readying a shield is just an interaction with an item that you can do once a round, so Ulfred could still attack and get AC18 this round
 

GreenKarl

Villager
Ulfred swung and missed the spider facing him by his battle cry inspired Ursa, who, with a great roar, cut into the attercop before her causing to screech in pain. Heimdar dropped his sword and quick drew and ignited a torch. With a cry he tossed it into nearby webbing that quickly started to burn. Caranthir easily dodges away from the spider that was chasing him and moved behind Ulfred to lower the encased form of Beldor and quick drew his bow. “Its going to be hot in here very soon” he muttered.

The first spider that Ursa has face charged forward and bite the young Beorning’s thigh. But in her rage she barely noticed. The other spider, heavily wounded by her and still screeching darted back towards the webbing, the smoke and fire growing there not yet registering with its evil mind. The spiders on Ulfred and Heimdar both missed their mark against their foes, but the spider that was chasing the elf managed to get past Caranthir’s defenses to inflicted a painful wound on his left arm!!!

The small fire that Heimdar started was spreading quickly within the thick webs. The woodsman figure in less than half a minutes time that it would engulf all of the entire courtyard…

GM: Initiative
22 - Ulfred
18 - Ursa
17 - Heimdar and Caranthir
16 - Attercop spider[sblock=Rolls & Results]Ulfred attacks
Ursa attacks spider 2 for 17 damage bring it down to 5 hit points.
Heimdar drops his sword (free), draws a torch (interaction) and lights it (action) and then tosses it into nearby webbing (probably bonus).
Caranthir takes the Disengage as a bonus action (Cunning action) and moves 30ft to stand just behind Ulfred. He then lowers Beldor to the ground as an interact and as his action draws his bow.

Spider #1 moves 10ft up to Ursa and bites at her; Melee attack, piercing damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23; 1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8, hit for 8 damage bringing her down to 20 HP.
Spider #2 takes the Disengage from Ursa and moves back towards the webs
Spider #3 tries to bite Ulfred Melee attack, piercing damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5, missed!
Spider #4 tries to bite Heimdar Melee attack, piercing damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9; 1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Spider #5, moves 30ft to catch up with Caranthir and bites at him; Melee attack, piercing damage if it hits: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22; 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5, hit for 5 damage bringing him down to 11 HP. [/sblock][sblock=Conditions]Ulfred HP 14/20
Ursa HP 20/28
Heimdar HP 20/24
Caranthir HP 11/16

Attercop #1 HP 18/22
Attercop #2 HP 5/22
Attercop #3 HP 15/22
Attercop #4 HP 16/22
Attercop #5 HP 22/22[/sblock]Heroes Actions and Rolls for Round 4? You figure you have six rounds max before the courtyard is engulf in fire and people will start taking damage from it.
 

eayres33

Villager
Ulfred nodded as he saw flame out of the corner of his eye and heard Caranthir muttering. “Get Beldor out of here, we will hold them to cover your escape.”

Ulfred swung at the spider in front of him as he moved slightly sideways trying to get a better angle at the open stairway.


OOC:
Ulfred attacks spider #3 for 7 damage. He stays in melee just moves slightly to leave a good angle to sprint towards the stair case later.
AC now 18
Ulfred Broadsword attack: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21

Broadsword Damage: 1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing [/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As the spider she just hit moves away from her, Ursa focuses her attention on the one that had caught her in webs earlier. The creature bit her thigh, and in her fury Ursa does note but does not allow herself to feel the sting. Instead, she swings her greataxe at the offending arachnid, screaming with bloodlust. The weapon hits its square in the thorax, and it is only an inch away from death...

OOC: Attack spider 1: [roll0] for [roll1] damage
 

GreenKarl

Villager
Ulfred’s aim is true this swing as he again hacks into the monstrous spider before him, while with a great roar Ursa almost fell the one before her with a might blow! Heimdar retreaves his axe and it bite into the beast before him while Caranthir shot an arrow into the body of the one chasing him. The elf then quickly slung his bow and moved towards the prone figure, readying to snack him up and flee…

The spiders all start making crazy clicking and weeing noises as they finally take note of the flames flicking brighter within the webbing. They all turn and flee from the heroes, showing their turn cowardly hearts. Fleeing over the walls as best they can, Heimdar, to his horror on the wall, sees a pair of the creatures spot the young human boy the newcomers and brought along as well as his wolfhounds, still standing guard nearby and now growling…

GM: Initiative
22 - Ulfred
18 - Ursa
17 - Heimdar and Caranthir
16 - Attercop spider[sblock=Rolls & Results]Ulfred hit spider #3 for 7 damage bring it down to 8 hit points.
Ursa hit spider #1 for 17 damage bring it down to 1 hit point
Heimdar hit spider #4 for 7 damage, bring it down to 9 hit points
Caranthir shots his bow at spider #5 (no penalty for firing in melee), Ranged attack, damage if he hits: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17; 1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8, hit and bringing it down to 16 hit points. He uses an interaction to sheath his bow, his Crafty Action to take the Disengage bonus action from the spider.

Spider #1 takes the Disengage action to move out of melee with Ursa and then moved back 30ft into the courtyard.
Spider #2 finally notices fire and moves 30ft to climb over the wall and another 30ft to run into the forest.
Spider #3 takes the Disengage action to move out of melee with Ulfred and then moves back into the webbing trying to avoid the flames.
Spider #4 takes the Disengage action from Heimdar and moves away from him down wall. Perception roll: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14, spotting Yggmir and Belgo.
Spider #5 starts climbing over the wall (the same one where Yggmir and Belgo are). Noticing them it moves towards the pair![/sblock][sblock=Conditions]Ulfred HP 14/20
Ursa HP 20/28
Heimdar HP 20/24
Caranthir HP 11/16

Attercop #1 HP 1/22
Attercop #2 HP 5/22
Attercop #3 HP 8/22
Attercop #4 HP 9/22
Attercop #5 HP 16/22[/sblock]Heroes Actions and Rolls for Round 5? Heimdar is still at the top of the wall so he can see Belgo and Yggmir below (25ft jump remember). If you want to try a DC 15 Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) to leap down you can. If you fail you take 2d6 damage and are prone. Everyone else can be outside with a Dash action.
 

eayres33

Villager
Well that’s not good, Ulfred thought to himself as he saw the spiders begin to flee, with a quick look over his shoulder he saw the fire start to spread quickly. “I think that’s are cue to leave.”

Ulfred moved towards the stair case he had previously came up as his eyes scanned the horizon.

OOC:
Ulfred will move 30ft towards the staircase. If he can see the spiders heading towards the boy he will use his dash to run towards them. Likewise if the fire is spreading quickly and looks to block the path to the staircase he will dash. Otherwise he will use the dodge action.

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing[/sblock]
 

Fradak

Explorer
As the big dog took his attack posture, intimidating the spiders, Heimdar threw his handaxe. "Run boy!". The Woodman jumped down the wall and rolled on the ground then started running, drawing another axe.

OOC: Yggmir: Intimidation: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15
Action: Axe at Attercop 4:
1D20+7 = [6]+7 = 13
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5

If Yggmir intimidation can help Heimdar and give advantage: Axe: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
Movement: Athletics: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22 and run after the spiders.

[sblock=Statblock]
Heimdar
HP: 24/24 HD:3/3d10
AC: 15 (Dex+3, leather+2, shield+2)
PP: 15
Speed. 30 ft.
=============
Song of the Woodmen: 1/1
In Wilderness:
Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks while tracking.
Proficiency bonus for Wisdom (Perception) is doubled.
In Known Lands:
Proficiency bonus is doubled for all Intelligence or Wisdom check.
Advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks.
=============
Coins: 6 copper
=============
Yggmir
HP: 8/8
AC: 14 (Dex +2, Proficiency +2, Natural Armor)
PP: 20
Speed. 40 ft.
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
In her rage, Ursa is still unaware of the danger to Belgo and therefore focuses on the spider that just tried to catch and eat her! She takes a few steps while grabbing her second hand axe, and with a grunt throws the weapon at the badly injured, fleeing beast.

The creature moves aside at the last second, however, and the axe flies harmlessly past it. Ursa groans in frustration and looks around bewildered. Why is there a fire going?

OOC: Move to within 20 feet of Spider 1, then make a ranged attack with the hand axe: [roll0] (miss) for [roll1] slashing damage.
Then she drops out of Battle-fury.
 

Advertisement

Top