D&D 5E [IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

GreenKarl

First Post
The elf deftly sets himself free, but when he tries to climb again he is even less successful then before.

GM: With your great sleight of hands I am going to give it too you...somewhat ;)

Caranthir slipped the webs and glanced silently down at the others before making his way to the top of the -- only to be trapped again! Luckily for the elf he could see over the wall and into the courtyard that was covered in webs.

There is a second tower that appeared to be more intact then the one on the heroes side of the ruined keep. Hanging from the very top of this tower was a wriggling bundle of webbing. It must be Beldor!

There was no sign of any spiders at first glance, but there were any number of places where they could be hiding. The only sound was the occasional thump as Beldor wrestles and struggled against his bonds.

The elf also noticed that the stairwell within the partially collapsed toward lead to a wall that lead to where Beldar was struggling. On the other side of the wall he was peering over the elf noticed that there was a tight path though the courtyard that lead to the tower but someone would also have to climb up to get too him...

GM: Caranthir can make a Wisdom (Perception) check. Everyone else can decide what they want to do. IF you move at 1/4 Speed (half speed that you would normally move with stealth) I will give you Advantage on your Dexterity (Stealth) checks.

Last edited:

eayres33

Explorer
Ulfred smiled tensely, “I am Ulfred of Dale, I’m not much for climbing so I don’t like my chances going over the wall. My best bet is up the stairs.”

Ulfred’s smile brightened when he saw that Caranthir had freed himself and made it to the top of the wall. “I’m going to head slowly towards the stairs if I get a clear view I’ll fire off a shot try to draw them this way. You still game to be bait Ursa?”

OOC:
Ulfred will move to the stairs at ¼ speed
AC 14 with bow drawn
Perception roll included if needed
Stealth Check 1: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Survial Check 2 adv: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Perception if applicable: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Peering over the wall Caranthir can make out what appears to be five dark tunnels within the webbing of the courtyard and five large dark shapes that occasionally seem to move a little.

Ulfred headed for the tower and make his way quickly up the stairs that he found within. The stairs were covered in rumble but taking his time he found he was quiet enough to not disturb anything or anyone. The stairwell opened onto the courtyard that the elf had been viewing and the Daleman could see that on the other side of the web covered yard a struggling man-sized web. He also noticed various "tunnels" within the webbing and dark shapes could be made out within them!

SpiderKeep.jpg

GM: Caranthir is trapped by webbing so he needs a Dexterity (Sleight of Hands) and a Dexterity (Stealth) check to escape the webs without alerting the spiders.

Once free he or Ulfred (or anyone else who tries to climb the wall or stealth up the stairs in the tower) could make their way along the walls towards where the struggling webbing is. This requires a DC 15 Dexterity (Acrobatics) check but again if you move at 1/2 or 1/2 speed :D or 1/4 speed I will give you advantage but then you also are going to need to make a DC 14 Dexterity (Stealth) check with advantage to not alert the spiders.

If you get there you need to decide how you wish to 'cut him down' The picture does not do a good job as the shape is dangling 20 some feet off the ground right now. I will let you decide what skill you are going to use

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: Heimdar is still struggling with the webs. What now? He keeps going with Sleight of hands and stealth until free then Athletics?

GM: You can climb down without making a roll, but yes every time you fail the Athletics check to climb, you need a Sleight of Hand check to escape and a Stealth check to not alert the spiders of your presence

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I forgot to add that I was granting a +1 cumulative bonus to your Athletic check for each failure (so in your case 3) to your next Athletics check as you figure out where the webs are and how to avoid them

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ursa nods, tensely. "Alright, I will circle around, then start making some noise to attract the spiders. Wait for it before you rush in."

With that, the warrior woman stalks off, trying to get around the ruins or, if that seems impossible, at least a decent distance from the others. If at all possible she tries to avoid climbing any walls to avoid having to cross them again on her way back. Finally finding a place that seems right, she stops and crouches out of sight of any spiders.

She steadies her breath for a few moments, trying to keep second thoughts out of her mind, then grits her teeth and grips her axe in one hand and readies a handaxe.

With a great yell, Ursa storms towards the ruins and throws the handaxe at the first spidershaped form she sees.

OOC: Okay, Ursa rushes into the ruins, possibly slashing a spider or two with her greataxe before she flees, trying to flush out as many spiders as possible.

Would you like me to roll initiative and/or attack rolls?

GreenKarl

First Post
With a great shout Ursa raced up the stairs and into the courtyard proper! A spider the size of a small pony bursts from nearby hole in the webbing, its fangs dripping with some foul toxicant like substance dripping from its fangs!

GM: Initiative. Only one spider is present in the 1st round, no one is surprised. There are four other hidden spider spread throughout the courtyard.
Attercop Initiative: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16. I like group Initiatives for PBP so which ever side wins initiative, the whole group goes first. At the present time, Ursa is in the courtyard. The giant spider is 20ft away from here. There are four other dark tunnels that Caranthir and Ulfred saw, between 20 and 40ft from her. Beldor is 60 feet away from her. Caranthir is at the top of the wall and 40 feet from Beldor. All the spiders (when the appear next round) will be within 40ft or less of him, and Heimdar is right next to him. Ulfred is 10ft from where Ursa is and the spiders and Belder are all an extra 10ft past Ursa.[sblock=Attercop]Medium monstrosity
STR 12 (+1), DEX 17 (+3), CON 12 (+1), INT 12 (+1), WIS 11 (+0), CHA 8 (-1)
Armour Class 14 (natural armour)
Hit Points 22 (4d8+4)
Speed 30 ft, climb 30 ft
Skills Intimidation +1, Perception +4, Stealth +5
Senses darkvision 60 ft, passive Perception 14
Languages Westron, Orkish
Perceptive: Attercop have expertise with their Wisdom (Perception) checks.
Spider Climb. The Attercop can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
Web Sense. While the Attercop is in contact with a web, it knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
Web Walker. An Attercop ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.
ACTIONS
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 1d6+3 piercing damage.
Sting. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target. Hit: 1d4+1 poison damage. The victim must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be Stunned until the end of the Attercop’s next turn. If this damage reduces the hero to 0 hit points, they become Poisoned until they take a short rest.
Web (Recharge 5-6). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 30/60 ft, one Large or smaller creature. Hit: The creature is Restrained by webbing. As an action, the Restrained creature can make a DC 13 Strength check, escaping from the webbing on a success. The effect also ends if the webbing is destroyed. The webbing has AC 10, 5 hit points, vulnerability to fire damage and immunity to bludgeoning, poison and psychic damage.[/sblock]Hero's Actions and Rolls?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases