log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Thaliss releases his familiar from the void where it spends mos of its time, and sends it flying to the west of the room to investigate.

OOC: Thaliss spends an action concentrating and seing through the familiar's eyes, to see if there is a passage west of AR13. Then he'll direct it to take a look at the bottom of the chasm to see if there is anything of interest
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Creamsteak

First Post
The pathway to the east is actually your origin in this case.

Thaliss familiar moves into the chasm and finds several skeletons broken or half-buried in the floor. Most are dwarves and orcs in badly rusted armor.

The familiar draws the attention of three gargoyles perched in the cavern 50 feet above the bridge-level. They peer down into the darkness, not quite able to see the familiar.
 

Attachments

  • map.png
    map.png
    540.6 KB · Views: 78

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Carradoc hears Thaliss mention the gargoyles, and then continues sending the eye south (to AW 19). "If we were quick, we could almost make it to the other side with a quick dash," he suggests. "Let me ensure that there would not be any unexpected enemies awaiting us."
 

Creamsteak

First Post
A massive pair of stone doors lies broken just south of this small plaza, flanking by iron torches that brightly illuminate the area. One door lists unevenly on its bottom hinge, and the other lies shattered on the ground. The standing door is carved with a pastoral scene of grain fields and rolling hills, worn and pitted by the centuries. A large, dimly lit hall waits beyond the broken gates. Arrow slits are carved into the west and east walls.

The arcane eye scouts forward. The owl clearly notices the ledge and arrow slit on the western side of the cavern.

The area further in...

This was once a magnificent hall with a soaring ceiling, marble floors, and intricate carvings of prosperous farmlands decorating the walls. It has since fallen to ruin. Deep cracks mar the walls, sections of the masonry have collapsed, and the huge stone doors at the north end of the hall are broken. Passages lead west and south, and there is a stone door to the east. A small cooking fire and several bedrolls are in the southeast corner of the room.

Four hobgoblins, a Bulette, and a rider guard this room. They don't seem to be paying any extra attention to anything (sorry didn't notice these guys were not on the map yet).
 

Attachments

  • map.png
    map.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Thaliss indeed mentions the gargoyles as he telepatically orders his familiar to return. He then creates an illusory layout of the first room, and highlights a point where there seems to be a hidden room. Telepathically, for all to hear I think it is in our best interest to clear out the rooms, when feasible, as we progress. This way, we will have a safe exit. If you look here, there seems to be a room. Kubeba, you can climb on walls, care to take a look? We can provide cover from here

OOC: Thaliss is pointing at AK 16-17. It really seems to me that there is something there
 

Creamsteak

First Post
Further examination...

A large pile of rubble from a partially collapsed wall fills the southeast corner of this guardroom, while a narrow fissure mars the wall to the north. Despite these failings, the room serves as a barracks and guardroom. Four plain wooden bunks are arrayed around the room, each with a small footlocker. At the back of an alcove in the northeast wall is an arrow slit.
 

Attachments

  • map.png
    map.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 43
  • map.png
    map.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 51

River Song

Explorer
"Right you are," Kubeba smiles and starts to move up. When he gets closer to the cavern he activates his cloak and starts to climb the wall towards the spot Thaliss is interested in.

[roll0]
[roll1]
 

Creamsteak

First Post
As Kubeba starts to climb down the gargoyles take notice from above, but are mostly confused as he starts climbing around on the walls with ease. You can tell that they notice you, but they look onward like they're expecting you to say or do something now that you have their attention. When you start quickly moving across the cavern they seem to look to each other and shrug.

The second map on my last post lays out the area where you were climbing towards. The arrow slit there looks on into the area just in front of the eyeball. Three resting Black Earth Guards and a female spellcaster of some sort occupy the bunks. They are not actively paying attention, but they are not asleep.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Carradoc explains the situation.

"If we are proceeding, I'd like us to think about how we are getting past the gargoyles Thaliss has found. My spell will continue for a while, but if I'm hit, we could lose its effect. If we are going to draw fire of the Gargoyles we should do so from a position we feel is safe. [[BC8 or AX 18]]. While exploring the cavern is a good idea, we risk losing the larger picture. I can see in the area you mention before Kubeba gets there, if you like [[sending the arcane eye]]. But we need to know how we will deal with the threat, if we intend to pass."


[[Let me know if we want to send the eye first; I'm not trying to draw focus from Kubeba, though. I you want to go, go for it.]]
Arcana: [roll0].


[[based on that roll...]]

"I've never encountered such creatures, but it's said that can only be damaged by magic."
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
I agree that you should send your eye, if only that Kubeba will be able to signal if he needs help. We should be methodical, and get rid of the caster, then the guards, and then the go to the main room. Perhaps we can climb there? Or perhaps Kubeba can carry us, one by one,
 

River Song

Explorer
"Carrying you shouldn't be a problem," Kubeba says. "Not sure about the magic of the cloak though, but we can try it."
With that he will pick him up and attempt to climb the wall.
 

Shayuri

First Post
"I can climb as well," Maighan mentions. "But we need to get everyone across as fast as possible. I can give one of us the power to climb walls as spiders do...and then become a spider myself to follow suit."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
OOC: where precisely are we heading please? I am losing clarity, and I apologize for that. Wherever it is, let's just go.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: where precisely are we heading please? I am losing clarity, and I apologize for that. Wherever it is, let's just go.

OOC: We're talking about heading to AL16 on the map, which is a second entry parallel to the main one (sneakier, and hopefully to our advantage)


Thaliss nods to Maighan and telepathically says I agree that time is of the essence if we wish to maitain the upper hand, so indeed, please enchant us so we may know how it is to be spiders
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
[[This looks fine to me, and thanks for moving along. I'm not entirely sure how we are getting by the gargoyles, but perhaps we're just not bothering each other. Carradoc has a wing suit (but perhaps too narrow to fly?) or can be given spider powers.]]
 

Creamsteak

First Post
The party traverses the passage, and the gargoyles seem to once again look for some kind of hand signal or something.

You are relatively easily able to traverse to this side entrance. As before, the residents here are not asleep, but also not apparently at the ready.
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Carradoc nods, and when every is ready, fires a deadly beam at the spell caster.

OOC: Move into range (up to 15 feet, fire, and then back).
To hit: [roll0], [roll1] necrotic damage, and no healing until next turn.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top