D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Creamsteak

Explorer
Alright, wolves and druid maul a dude.

Carradoc's spell hits.

In a confusing sight, apparently the two that escaped to the left have commandeered your skiff and float on it north.

The two spellcasters move through the door, one opening it the other closing it. The party does notice that they make an odd hand sign at the door before doing so.

OOC: Possibly out of combat now. Up to the party whether to push forward or possibly pull back to assess the turtle situation.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    911.2 KB · Views: 122

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan looks at the turtle and says, "You can't keep it that way forever. Lets get everyone together, ready to strike. While I still have the wolves to help us, and away from the water where it has more of an advantage against us."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Hmm," says Carradoc. "I've been thinking. We have less than an hour, but we should be fine until then, unless we are attacked. We have a few options, as I see it.

First, we can place it in a small room. When the spell dissipates, it will lack manoeuvrability, and we will have an advantage.

Second, we can leave this place and fly it high, release the spell, and drop it. The fall will hurt it, and we can proceed from there.

Third, we can take it far away and proceed. It is an intelligent creature, I surmise, and perhaps with our mercy we will be seen as an inconvenience rather than an enemy. For that matter, we could just leave it here, and let the spell dissipate, but that would mean that our exit is potentially blocked."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Assuming we're not in the room, it's trapped, for at least a while."

OOC: I imagine that we'd have advantage for those that could attack, and it would have disadvantage, a la the squeezing rules, but that's a guess. Dropping it allows us to keep range and still do 20d6 damage. Or we can let it go.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Okay -- we seem held up here, and perhaps it is my fault. If so I'm sorry. Steve Gorak, I didn't understand your last post, but I have (foolishly) just realized ew>*new. My bad. I talked about the bag upthread in post 204; I think it doesn't work, and it's not worth testing given the existence of alternatives. Yes, we could throw it in with the trolls, if we like, and see what happens, as suggested by River Song. I do not know if that is a serious suggestion or not, but it is a variation on the first of the three options I suggested. We had a lucky roll with the spell, and it'd be good to capitalize on it. I myself like the mercy approach (just fly it away somewhere), but I recognize that Carradoc might want to fight (show-off), in which case option 2 is preferable, but risks a p.o.'d dragon turtle. Shayuri, I cannot tell if you prefer option 1 (small room) or 2 (dropped form a height). Away from water makes sense. Apologies if everyone has been waiting on me.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: my bad too, I should have corrected my post to make it clearer.

FYI, I respectfully disagree about the bag. As far as the characters know, the turtle and then the dragon will suffocate in it. Reading the magic item description, the bag will actually be destroyed with its contents once the turtle transform back to a dragon and exceeds the bag's capacity. Our problem will be easily solved this way. Thaliss would also propose that Carradoc be compensated for his loss, since the bag wasn't cheap (but the cost is easily justified by the dragon's treasure hoard). The other alternatives all have the problem of perhaps not working, with the serious consequence of having a p.o.'ed dragon too close to us for confort. FYI: the flying and dropping solution may work, unless the dragon turtle knows the featherfall/fly spells of has a potion (unlikely but possible). It's Carradoc's bag, so his call.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I think we'd all be aware IC of the basic principles of the bag of holding, and that putting the dragon turtle in one would accomplish nothing but removing our means of transporting its treasure out of here. :) The drop technique is fine, but is there a place inside this complex where the ceiling is high enough to do it? We might be best off finding a room small enough to constrain it. That's something we can do quickly, so we can take advantage of Maighan's summon, and it would give us advantage against it, and it disadvantage against us. I dunno if we can really hope for much more from this scenario.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases