• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Triboar

Jago

Explorer
~ Koldan moved to catch up to his new allies as Darathra made to meet the reinforcements, giving them a report on the situation and listening to whatever updates they had on the situation in Triboar.

The Ranger, for his part, came across the giants under the magical spell and looked to the defenders of the city. Though his eyebrows narrowed, his voice betrayed his anger upon seeing these creatures up close for the first time.

" Why aren't they dead yet?" he growled, finally slinging his main weapon over his shoulder and drawing the blades at his side, carefully moving around the arcane oil on the ground.

" Put these abominations out of their wretched existence and let's see why they were here in the first place." ~

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Really? These giants can probably take out a PC in a single hit - if we're going to do this then the reinforcements will have to be tough enough to do most of the work!

Shayuri

First Post
(The Giants are under the effect of Hypnotic Pattern. They can't take actions for a little less than a minute to go. Any damage they take will snap them out of it.)

Jago

Explorer
OOC: Aha. Well, ICly, take it as Koldan has no clue that that's how the spell works because ... well, why would he? I have not taken an action yet as is, just approaching the giants.

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric moves around the corner to where he can see the giants. He says out loud "Shall we smite these foes good friends? All together I think, concentrating on one at a time? What say you, have at them!!!"

OOC: Delaying until everyone goes or says something. I think we can try and kill at least one at a time :) Uric would not know about the spell conditions either BUT with such big targets the more people who gang up on it at once the better.

Shayuri

First Post
Ilshana holds a hand out and calls, "Wait! If you hit them they will wake up right away! If you want to attack, we should ALL get ready to go all at the same time!"

Jago

Explorer
~ Koldan paused, raising an eyebrow. Slowly, he stowed the blades back within their sheathes, regarding the redheaded Half-Elf with a small nod.

" I see," he slowly relented, preparing the crossbow once more. " So they're just ... dazed, for now. Clever trick," the Ranger praised, loading up yet another bolt into the weapon.

" If we mean to slay them, then, we better insure that it puts them down."

Koldan sighed, making sure the tension on the drawstring was enough to pierce steel with a bolt.

" I've already seen what they can do back in The North." ~

OOC: If we agree to basically just swarm and kill these things with all the attacks at once, Darathra will order the reinforcements the aid in this endeavor.

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric moves towards one of the giants and raises his sword, waiting to strike down at it when others are ready... "Quickly now... all as one!"

OOC: Basically waiting to all attack at the same time. Then two swing as the one giant we are all attacking, at advantage I believe (in case not discard the second roll for each attack). First [roll0] and [roll1], if it hits [roll2]. Second [roll3] and [roll4], if it hits [roll5]

Remove ads