IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
"My armor would be a good start. I have been wearing it without any ill effects, but it would be good to know just what it actually does for me.

"I imagine the cairn has been emptied of all of its inhabitants, but we can do a quick reconnaissance to make sure. Then I imagine that some firsthand knowledge would be the best for you Allustan."

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak thinks for a moment...

"That depends I suppose. I've never actually done this before. I believe I could do a number of things to make us stronger or... smarter? Well, in any case, a lot of different things. We're limited by the amount Erdolliel has brought back. Let's have a look."

"And what about you... can't you do some of this too?"

[sblock=ooc]So... shucks. I thought there was a rule about being able to create things from scrolls or from having someone else cast the spell. Can't find it. So... let me know what you think. Otherwise:

+Cha, +Wis, +Con, +Str
Resistance
Boots of Striding (can we do this again? same everything but no jump bonus and no jump skill required)
Anything else?

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I've already discussed it with Ti, but I wanted to make it clear that, in fact, Erdolliel cannot converse with both Allustan and Kushnak at the same time, since Allustan ran into her in town.

I guess I'll leave it to Ti to decide whether he wants to continue with Allustan or with Kushnak.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
[sblock=if Erdolliel is back with the others and having the conversation about identifying items]"I think that figuring out what your armor actually does is very low on the list of things to use that spell on. We know it's not harmful, so anything after that is a bonus. We should figure out what this wand is that we found on the eyeless hag. Every day that passes without knowing it's powers, it's nothing more than a tree branch that I am carying because it looks pretty."[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=OC]The last sblock from DI makes me think that Allustan would not be following Erdolliel back to the mine shack. That is the assumption I had been working off of, and maybe MN was too. So time for fun if/or statements:

Generally, Erdolliel would converse with Allustan in town to be polite, but would probably not volunteer much information to the sage about her experiences or what might be found in the cairn without some of the others around.

If Allustan follows her back to the cairn, she would be politely aloof until at least Kushnak is around. So that would take us to the Kushnak conversation I guess. (As an aside, I take it that the "you" that Kushnak refers to in the last line of MN's last post is Nethezar and not Allustan right?)

If Allustan doesn't plan on following her back, she will try to convince him to view the cairn mural room with his own eyes after we make sure it's cleared out. (Diplomacy check? not sure. we can rp it if you want to and we are ever online at the same time.) If he steadfastly refuses to come out (even if it is just to see the cairn for a few hours) she will try to buy the group a few days for item construction and identification.

Happy Jewish New Year to you all...[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar, from his position huddled on the floor with books and materials ringed 'round him, responds to Kushnak's query.

"Scrolls. I can scribe scrolls. I hope to learn the craft of wand-making, but I have not yet acquired the necessary skill. If you think there are things prudent to have, and that it would be worth using some measure of the regents to do so..."

michael_noah

First Post
"Well then, I will make what I think best. If any of you already have protective cloaks, than kudos to you."

[sblock=ooc]I'm thinking cloaks (vests?) of resist - 4 of them. I'd love to make the boots - but we need to decide on that rule, and it would take all of the stuff.

If vests are ok, and no one tells him not to, Kushnak makes 4 vests. Otherwise, 4 cloaks.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Vests are fine with me.[/sblock]
"Well, if you are planning the type of protection that I think you are, I already have some."

Remove ads