• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

michael_noah

First Post
"Boy, we don't have any errands to run, and we are perfectly capable of carrying our own packs. However...

You may have a point, mage. We could use someone to show us around the city when we get there. At any rate, we should be moving again."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar smiles broadly at Eskard as the warrior teases the lad.

After the others finish talking, and it has become clear that the boy gets to accompany you, his face brightens. "Thank you. Thank you all! I'm ready to go as soon as you want."

You finish your meal, gather your things, and head out.

You travel for roughly four miles or so when you see a small thicket. "That's where they got me!" the lad points.

The thicket is roughly 400 feet ahead. From this distance, you can see something hanging between the two trees. While you aren't certain, it looks like part of a slab of meat.

"What is the Nine is that supposed to do?" Nethezar groans.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Let me take a closer look." Erdolliel states as she walks to the edge of the road. [sblock=oc]Find some cover and hide (+12), then carefully sneak up just far enough to figure out what the thing might be. She will have a potion of invisibility in her hand as she sneaks. applicable numbers Move Silently +12 Spot +11 Listen +11 Search +13 (in case I spot anything worth searching)[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I know I can be a grammar snob. However, the phrase "he is standing behind him" is one from which it is impossible to discern non-ambiguous meaning.[/sblock]
Erdolliel leaves the group and stealthily moves forward. While there are a couple of points at which the elf simply must move out in the open, the enemy doesn't seem to see her.

Soon enough, Erdolliel discovers who the enemy is. Two huge creatures, about one and a half times as tall as a human, with long, ungainly arms and legs, crouch behind the trees. The one nearest the elf also holds a rope, serving as a leash, for a massive, low-slung creature with stout head and short, shaggy fur.

[sblock=OOC]North is up. The rest of you, even R, aren't close enough to be on it. I assumed R would circle wide around. The bulk of the party is west of the map. R is SSW.

The lines are the road. The blobs are the trees.

The trolls (yes, they are trolls, even if you don't know it) are 1 and 2. The wolverine (even if you don't know it) is 3.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel slips back around to the group and quickly presents the information. When she is done she turns to the dwarf and states, "How about we blow them up BEFORE they charge us this time?"

worthley

First Post
Bazrim, surprisingly agreeing with Erdolliel lets a fireball go and gives a little laugh when it explodes next to the trolls.
[sblock=ooc]fireball to hit all 3 if possible. Don't have time to check. If not I should be able to hit the 2 trolls.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak draws his sword and begins to make ready.

[sblock=ooc]Going to cast shield of faith (makes AC 23), followed by bull's strength, but will wait to see results of the fireball before doing so.[/sblock]

Remove ads