• NOW LIVE! -- One-Page Adventures for D&D 5th Edition on Kickstarter! A booklet of colourful one-page adventures for D&D 5th Edition ranging from levels 1-9 and designed for a single session of play.
log in or register to remove this ad

 

WIKI [IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom picks up a shield off of one of the fallen goblins and gives it a try. "Just the right balance..."

Having her name called out suddenly throws the artificer off for moment. "Unicorn? Oh, Yes!" The young kobold scrambles past the pit into the shack, where the sight stops her cold. Not knowing what to say, the artificer tinkers with the stuffed doll a bit, making it glow with the colors of the unicorns from the estate before approaching the scion and placing it before him.

OOC: Using Magical Tinkering on the doll
 

log in or register to remove this ad


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham moves up to the boy, but when he notices most of companions doing the same, he holds back. Instead, he starts towards the deactivated warforged; examining their injuries, trying to ascertain the cause of death, and like the pragmatic soldier he still is, to scavenge the bodies for valuables and replacement parts.

 

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand notices Ogham looking at the destroyed warforged. Is destroyed the right term, or would it be more appropriate to say "dead"? Probably not the right time to ask. He takes a few steps, standing on the side of his warforged companion "Well, dammit. Do you think any one of them could still be, uh, alive?"

OOC: Liutbrand also takes a look at the various warforged bodies
Perception check: 1D20+5+1D4 = [10]+5+[2] = 17
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2240
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

In the shed

Caden doesn’t really move in response to the Plumbers. He simply stares into the middle distance, sobbing occasionally, manacled to the wall of the shed.

The boy needs food and water, rest, and his father.

You can make a Persuasion check at Advantage for the unicorn.

Excavation pit

Ogham and Liutbrand walk to the edge of the pit and study the warforged below. Only one of the warforged is dead, the one with its head cut off -- probably the friend Coal told them about. The other eleven sit listlessly, looking up at the Plumbers, wondering just what was to happen to them, their chains rattling occasionally as they shifted.

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 20 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Liutbrand (+3) 19 AC 14 HP 9/13 PP 15 Darkvision
Korra (+1) 19 AC 18 HP 6/14 PP 13 Darkvision
DePoe (+3) 18 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Ogham (+1) 10 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom (+2) 7 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9 Darkvision


157 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Report," Ogham uses the straightforward soldier lingo to inquire about the situation from his fellow warforged, addressing all eleven living warforged at the same time or, if no response comes, one in particular.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2245
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

One of the warforged blinked and looked up at Ogham. “We’re workers,” he said simply. “We dig wherever they tell us to dig. If we don’t…” He nodded meaningfully toward the beheaded warforged body lying in the pit.

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 20 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Liutbrand (+3) 19 AC 14 HP 9/13 PP 15 Darkvision
Korra (+1) 19 AC 18 HP 6/14 PP 13 Darkvision
DePoe (+3) 18 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Ogham (+1) 10 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom (+2) 7 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9 Darkvision


157 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara looks at the kobold and the half-orc, both of whose maternal instincts seemed better attuned to the human child than her own. She felt desperately out of her element, but tried again.

"Listen, Caden," she offers, a warm but firm urgency in her voice. "Your father needs you. Your House needs you. You need to be strong for them. Let us bring you home to them."

She nods to Rotom, then gestures to the locked manacles. "Can you do something about those?"

 
Last edited:




KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2250
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Excavation Pit

The warforged in the pit look listlessly up at Ogham. “Garra hired us,” one said simply. There isn’t much Ogham can do for them. They are overworked and need rest.

Shed

Caden seemed to rouse at Alara’s words when she mentioned his father. He clutched at the stuffed unicorn. “Big, mean lady named Garra took me. Had goblins watching me,” he said, sniffing.

Rotom tries to get the manacles open, then has DePoe do it. He works the lock, and the manacles fall from the boy’s wrists, freeing him. Both Rotom and DePoe notice something oily on their hands.

If you Fail, you are POISONED for 24 hours and fall UNCONSCIOUS. If you take damage, you wake up.

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 20 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Liutbrand (+3) 19 AC 14 HP 9/13 PP 15 Darkvision
Korra (+1) 19 AC 18 HP 6/14 PP 13 Darkvision
DePoe (+3) 18 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Ogham (+1) 10 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom (+2) 7 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9 Darkvision


157 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
 

mips42

Explorer
"There you go, kid." Depoe says somewhat distracted by trying to watch everywhere at once. "Gah, what is all this..." DePoe wavers slightly, eyrs rolling into his head, and collapses to the ground.

OOC: Con save: d20+2 [2]+2=4. Well, It could have been worse.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Depoe, okay?" Korra says. "Why sleeping?" Louder so everyone can hear. "Why DePoe sleeping?" She also checks out the kid to see if he's falling asleep.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom sniffs at the strange oil, then grimaces as her head begins to spin.

"Blegh... aazat! Tir ti xtirl!" As the young artificer's words swirl on her tongue, she reaches for her waterskin. After fumbling with the stopper for a moment, she somehow manages to pry it open and washes away the oil from her skin. Her head throbs as she shakes off the effects, and the kobold finally manages to string some words together in common. "STOP... POISON!"

 

mfloyd3

Explorer
"By the Host," curses Alara. She pulls out a kerchief and tries to wipe the foul oil from DePoe's hands, taking care not to get it on her own skin.

"Liutbrand!" she calls. "DePoe's been poisoned!"
 

Olrox17

Hero
"What in the..." Liutbrand sprints towards Alara and the rest of the party, finding DePoe on the ground. He kneels over him "He's still breathing. Rotom, snap out of it. Can your knowledge of alchemy help us identify this substance?

OOC: medicine check: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
I'm guessing a result of 5 won't reveal much
 


Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Sorry, boss" Rotom yawns "I don't have any tools for that on me."
After a pause, she adds "We could maybe ask d'Orien for an antitoxin, or take him to the Jorascos."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham rushes to DePoe when he hears that his team mate has been poisoned, but when trying to get some antitoxic effect from his druidic amulet, it seems unresponsive.

"No magic," the warforged says with a hint of sadness, and he helps Korra in carrying DePoe back to the elevator.
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top