[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara was already looking much refreshed as the team alighted from the skycoach. She once again passed silver over to the driver without asking the others to contribute. The noblewoman wondered why she bothered, as she surely was not convincing any of her fellows that she was in possession of any fortune. But she had just spent more than half of her worldly wealth on a healing potion, it seemed silly to argue over silver.

She pulled her friends off to one side of the platform, away from the others.

"Any idea how we might find the safehouse itself?" she asked the others.

OOC:
Alara pays for the skycoach.

Also, minor point: It was Alden d'orien who told the group where the safehouse was. We just told the changeling we knew where it was. :)

Back to full HP after short rest:
Alara short rest hit die roll: 1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom purchases a potion, and equips a shield that she appropriated from the Daask Goblins earlier. The added protection affords some piece of mind against her still stinging wounds.

"Well, the locals are likely to know which places to avoid." Rotom mused. "Which are exactly the kinds of places where a safehouse would be hidden."

OOC: buying a potions and Healing a bit, but not quite all the way.
Hit Dice healing.: 1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Good thinking," Alara replied to Rotom. "So, we just need to find some people to ask? Who could we trust?" She looked at Ogham. "I don't suppose any of your animal friend could give us some guidance?" She seemed serious.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara considered their situation, then eyed the dragon-headed skycoach. Odd that someone in a tenement tower would have such a thing, she mused. And an outsider would surely not leave it here. She looked around, wondering if anyone was keeping an eye on it.

"Do you see anyone who might be watching the dock?" She asked.

OOC:
She's thinking that the gang would have a lookout watching the landing pad and keeping an eye on their skycoach. It could be someone on the platform, or it could be that the safehouse has a room looking out on the pad.

But she's not finding it herself with that roll.

_: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom puzzles over the situation, not seeing anything out the ordinary. Where would the Daask agents be hiding? Then a revelations hits. Daask was from her homeland. The artificer approaches a nearby shop with and enters.

"Greetings!" She addresses the shopkeep, presenting the goblin's shield on her back, while conspicuously jangling her coin purse. "I'm looking for a few of my friends. You know the type, either a lot like me, or quite unlike you. Could you point me in their direction?"

OOC: Well I hope this counts as an investigation check.
Investigation: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/Terminus
Far, 28 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1105
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

OOC: That would normally be a Persuasion check, but with a 19 on the die, unless Rotom has significant penalties to Persuasion, it passes.

The warforged shopkeeper peered down at Rotom, leaning over the counter to see the little kobold. The shop was a tinker’s shop, and there were small, useful items of metal on display, pots, pans, even other tools.

“You a friend of Garra’s?” he asked. “She lives on the first floor there, right down the steps. Don’t know which apartment, but she comes by this way when she needs something fixed.”

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 21 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Ogham (+1) 21 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Korra (+1) 17 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13 Darkvision
Rotom (+2) 5 AC 18 HP 8/10 PP 9 Darkvision

207 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
1 unicorn-shaped feather token for each character: When you fall at least 20 feet while the token is on your person, you descend 60 feet per round and take no damage from falling. The token’s magic is expended after you land, whereupon the disk becomes nonmagical.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara looked at Rotom, impressed with the kobold. It would never have occurred to the wizard that a neighbor would simply give up a gangster's safehouse.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Yep, Garra's the one, thanks!" The kobold enthusiastically thanks the shopkeep, and beams a smile at her companions, more than a little proud of herself.

"Hmm, but before I go, this might come in handy." The artificer makes a small purchase on the way out of the store, one good turn deserves another after all.

OOC: I hope that they sell ball bearings, if not I'll have to think of some other small metal thing to buy.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/Terminus
Far, 28 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1110
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

The warforged tinker was more than happy to sell Rotom of bag of ball bearings, and wished her well on her way.

Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Alara (+1) 21 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12
Ogham (+1) 21 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Korra (+1) 17 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13 Darkvision
Rotom (+2) 5 AC 18 HP 8/10 PP 9 Darkvision

207 gp
16 gp, 15 sp, banded agate (10 gp) (Rotom)
1 unicorn-shaped feather token for each character: When you fall at least 20 feet while the token is on your person, you descend 60 feet per round and take no damage from falling. The token’s magic is expended after you land, whereupon the disk becomes nonmagical.

Remove ads