[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Olrox17

Hero
"Heh, how could we refuse to...well, investigate such a cryptic invitation? We have a reputation to uphold, after all" Liutbrand replied, with one of his sarcastic, slightly unpleasant grins on his face "so, how can our humble agency be of use to the watch today, Ma'am?".

mips42

Adventurer
DePoe quietly waits in the background, attempting to be as out of sight as possible. if that means he's being rained on, that's okay.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central/Highest Towers/Lyrander Tower
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1800
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)

OOC: No, it’s 6 cp total for the coach, and all of you will fit.

An orange glow covers the top of Lyrandar Tower as the sun sinks in the sky. Above, the great airships of House Lyrandar float like leviathans surrounded by brilliant rings of elemental energy. Below, bridges crisscross at all levels of the city, connecting Sharn’s great towers. The sounds of crying children, barking vendors, cursing skycoach drivers, and braying hippogriffs rise up to become a unique din that can only be heard in the City of Towers.

“Good. I don’t like wasting time,” Sergeant Germaine Vilroy replied to Liutbrand. “I’ve got an appointment tonight with a warforged named Coal. He claims to have knowledge of a crime being committed in Old Sharn. I’m afraid that if I’m recognized as Watch, someone will notice, and that might put Coal in some danger. So I want you to meet with Coal and see if the information she has adds up. I can pay you each 25 gold now, and another 50 if you bring Coal in.”

OOC: Feel free to ask questions, make checks, etc.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham senses there is probably more to this job than the Sergeant says, but he's not one to question.

The warforged searches his memory for any fellow warforged that may go by the name of Coal since the war, in addition to thinking which of his animal friends ever goes down as far as Old Sharn. Certainly not the cats, but maybe a rat? Or a bird. Birds can fly up and down the city, he's sure, but they are usually too flighty to get useful information.

OOC: Making an Insight check on Germaine: insight: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

mips42

Adventurer
Twenty five gold? Split, that'd be... five? for knowledge of a crime in Old Sharn? Something is not right.

"If this Coal is expecting you, why would they trust us to give the information?"

Remove ads