log in or register to remove this ad

 

WIKI [IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"I knew Ogham could pull it off. " Rotom finishes her drink, then moves over to Liutbrand. "Looks like it's time for business, Boss, do you have the writ? I'll keep notes, who should do the questioning?"
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand passes the writ to Rotom, as nonchalantly as possible "Handle it. Bring Lady Alara with you, it looks like her charm works on metal people, too".
While keeping an eye on the patrons that reacted to Coal's name, Liutbrand approaches DePoe "Keep an eye on those guys. If they decide to leave the establishment, consider tailing them". Then, he gets an ale from the bartender and finally sits at Korra's table.

OOC: deducting 3 cp for the ale
 
Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"On it." Rotom gives a nod to Alara then approaches the table with Coal and Ogham, while taking a moment to give Ogham a pat on the back for his hard work.

"Coal, right? I am Rotom, and this is Lady Alara, you have already met our friend Ogham. Vilroy sent us." Rotom holds the writ in it's case, without pulling it out. "If you need more proof I have it here."

Rotom pulls up a chair, readying herself to take notes. "We were sent because Vilroy worried her presence could draw unwanted, and dangerous, attention. If you are ready, we would like to take your statement about what happened."
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
Korra finishes her first ale. She picks up the other and moves to a location where she can see the whole bar and watch out for anyone trying to leave.
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Liutbrand passes the writ to Rotom, as nonchalantly as possible "Handle it. Bring Lady Alara with you, it looks like her charm works on metal people, too".

Alara cocks an eyebrow at Liutbrand's comment, but says simply, "Watch the bottle," and follows Rotom to the table.

Rotom pulls up a chair, readying herself to take notes. "We were sent because Vilroy worried her presence could draw unwanted, and dangerous, attention. If you are ready, we would like to take your statement about what happened."

The Aundairan settles in beside the kobold, wincing at the sight of the notepad and forcing herself not to look at the other patrons. "Are you comfortable talking here?" she asks quietly.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
If he had been anything but a warforged, Ogham would probably have sighed in relief that Rotom and Alara join him at the table, because he’s not a great talker himself.

”Friends. Colleagues,” he adds reassuringly to Coal, nodding towards the writ in the kobold’s hand.

Then his gaze wanders back to where that mouse disappeared. When DePoe quietly moves up to him, Ogham starts, then nods and says in a voice that is too loud for a whisper, ”Found Coal.”
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/High Walls/Cog Carnival
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1935
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)

OOC: The cheap ale costs 3 cp.


“Vilroy’s scared?” Coal stared at Ogham. “How does she think I feel!”

When Rotom sat down, Coal’s gaze shifted to the kobold. She looked at the tube she held, and relaxed a bit when Rotom explained why Vilroy hadn’t come.

“I...okay. I guess I can understand that,” the one-armed warforged said, taking a drink of her cheap ale.

As DePoe and Korra watch the rest of the bar, they see most of those who had been interested when they asked about Coal go back about their business. It seems that if Coal isn’t worried, none of them care much.

Coal nodded to Alara and leaned forward over her drink, speaking low. “So it’s hard for a one-armed ‘forged to find work, ya know?” she said. “But I heard that this guy Alden d’Orien is hiring warforged to work for the House. I mean, that’s gotta pay good, right? Working for a dragonmarked House? So me and my friend Razor go to the meeting place, and get picked to work. Alden tells us it’s a secret research-gathering mission for House Orien. He gives us an advance to keep quiet about it, and then we all have to sign these contracts. He called ‘em NDAs. Means we can’t talk about what we’re doing.

“So we all get shipped down to Old Sharn, y’know, under the city. We’re working for several weeks. And it’s dangerous work. Exploring old tunnels and such. A few ‘forged died. Collapsing tunnels, or finding some monster. The foremen were ogres and stuff. And they were drivin’ us hard. No breaks. Like we was slaves. My friend Razor threatened to tell Alden, and they pulled him in front of the rest of us and made us watch as they smashed him to pieces.”


Coal’s voice fuzzed a little with emotion at that point.

“Finally we broke into some old library or somethin’. Lots of arcane texts and schemas and such. I don’t know about that stuff. The bosses were happy. They got us busy moving that old stuff out somewhere. I heard a couple of the guards talking about what they were gonna do with the kid. It seems they kidnapped Alden’s son Caden d’Orien to get him to do what they wanted. So I guess they work for someone else besides House d’Orien,” she said.

Coal sat back and took a drink of her ale. Suddenly a bolt of fire exploded inches from her head. Surprise erupted in the bar, patrons overturning tables to hide behind, or reaching for something to use as a weapon to defend themselves as chaos erupted.

Coal jumped up in surprise, overturning the table. “You set me up!” she exclaimed, frightened. She started running straight for the exit, disappearing out into the streets of High Wall.



You can review the Chase rules here in the DMG. We will be using the Urban Complications Table. To streamline things, I rolled initiative and a complication for everyone to deal with.
Quarry: Coal 60’ ahead
Lead: Everyone for now.

Initiative: All players go first.
Ogham 21 - No complication.
Rotom 17 - No complication.
Korra 17 - The ground beneath your feet is slippery with spilled ale. Make a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, you fall prone.
Liutbrand 12 - A maze of barrels, crates, or similar obstacles stands in your way. Make a DC 10 Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Intelligence check (your choice) to navigate the maze. On a failed check, the maze counts as 10 feet of difficult terrain.
DePoe 9 - No complication.
Alara 7 - A maze of barrels, crates, or similar obstacles stands in your way. Make a DC 10 Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Intelligence check (your choice) to navigate the maze. On a failed check, the maze counts as 10 feet of difficult terrain.
Coal 6 - No complication.

Instructions:
On your initiative
  • State your intention: you can Dash, Cast a Spell, or Attack.
    • You can Dash up to 3+Con modifier times during this chase.
    • If you Dash, roll a DC 10 Con save at the end of your turn. If you fail, take a level of Exhaustion.


Liutbrand
Korra
Alara
Rotom
Ogham
DePoe
 





mfloyd3

Explorer
The curse Alara mutters owes more to her career as a cavalry soldier than her proper upbringing. She glances back, and sees Korra is already sizing up the room. Well, so be it, the big warrior can play rearguard.

She dashes out of the bar after Coal, arriving in the alleyway just in time to watch the fleeing warforged knock over a pyramid of empty barrels. She grits her teeth, then catches sight of a ladder at the side of the alley.

She knocks it over, letting it come to rest on the last pair of standing barrels at the end of the alley. Then she darts adroitly over it, finding the footing far easier than the rolling barrels would have been.

"Hey!" A voice calls after her. Alara risks a glance, noting she has left an irritable-looking Dwarf stranded on the roof of a neighboring building he had apparently been thatching.

"Sorry! I'll be back," she assures him before sprinting after the fleeing warforged. But she is already finding herself winded as she pushed after him, and the old war injury in her leg begins to flare up.

OOC:
INT roll for debris: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

This is how we use INT to get past obstacles. :)

Rolling for her dash: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4

This is how we fail CON rolls. :-(
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"They kidnapped an Orion scio...Khyber-Spit!" Rotom interjects her own stenography as the bolt of fire flies over her head.

Taking a just a moment reorient herself after the ambush, she sees Coal fleeing the bar with Ogham following after. Thinking quickly, the kobold claws out her deck of cards, tossing one of them down at at the bar door while tailing after the warforged. Even if they get separated, Liutbrand should be able to follow that trail of breadcrumbs, she hopes.

OOC: Dashing after them
Constitution save, DC 10: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
But not that successfully, ouch. Even with the +2 for proficiency I forgot about, it wouldn't have passed!
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/High Walls/Cog Carnival
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1935
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Liutbrand looked around, trying to find who had cast the fire bolt at Coal, but he couldn’t see anyone in the crowded street outside of the Cog Carnival.

Ogham was up quickly, running after Coal, pushing his way through the crowd. He caught up with the one-armed warforged in a nearby alley.

Korra, like Liutbrand, tried to spot the assassin, but failed to see anyone wielding magic.

DePoe ducked under a table in the Cog Carnival when the fire bolt slammed into the wall, disappearing in the crowd in the bar.

Alara follows Ogham, adroitly knocking over a ladder to allow her to evade a scattering of barrels Coal had knocked over. But her leg pained her, and she was breathing heavily when she caught up with Coal and Ogham.

OOC: Alara, take a point of Inspiration for that excellent description of the ladder move :) I found that fun!


Rotom wasn’t far behind as half the team caught up with Coal in the alley.

OOC: And I misread the Chase rules. You only need to make the Con save if you are Dashing PAST your allowed number for the chase (3+Con modifier), so no one needed to make Constitution saves for one round of Dash. So Alara and Rotom don’t have a point of exhaustion. But good description anyway!


Unfortunately, it didn’t seem that Coal, Ogham, Alara, and Rotom were the only ones in the alley. A shifter and four kobolds stood there, blocking the alley. One of the kobolds was tossing fire back and forth between her hands.

“It’s so much easier when they come right to you,” the shifter said with a feral grin. “Hello, Coal. You’ve been naughty.”

[OOC=Encounter set up]
Alley: Coal, Ogham, Alara, and Rotom face a shifter and four kobolds about 20’ away down the alley. We’ll say it’s 15’ wide.
Cog Carnival: Korra, Liutbrand, and DePoe are still back at the Cog Carnival. You are 60’ away from the alley (across the street). You can see the others at the entrance to the alley, but you’ll need to move at least 30’ to get line of sight down the alley to see the bad guys.
Initiative: All players go first.[/OOC]

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12

Coal 4 AC 14 HP 23/23 PP 14

Shifter 6 AC 14 HP 23/23 PP 14
Kobold 1 5 AC 12 HP 5/5 PP 8
Kobold 2 5 AC 12 HP 7/7 PP 8
Kobold 3 5 AC 12 HP 2/2 PP 8
Kobold Acolyte 4 AC 10 HP 11/11 PP 12


 




JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham reacts with a soldiers instinct, going for the biggest and strongest assaillant first.

The green light from beneath his plating flares as a long, thorny wooden vine erupts from the warforged’s palm, reaching for the shifter’s neck and janking them closer to Ogham.

Then he moves between Coal and the attackers.

OOC: Casting the Thorn Whip cantrip at the shifter, which deals damage and pulls them 10 feet closer if Large or smaller.

Thorn Whip:
Attack: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
Damage: 1D6 = [5] = 5 piercing + pull
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top