[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"A few more questions, if you please, Fenic likes to keep his records tidy." Rotom says, ready to take notes.
"When and where is the appointment?"
"How to identify Coal? Ghulra, body type, other distinguishing features?"
"What kind of crime was it?"
"The commission is 25 gold each with an additional 50 gold each if we bring Coal in?"
"Where are we bringing Coal in to?"

mips42

Adventurer
"Ogham, did he say twenty five each? And then another fifty?" DePoe whispers. "What would anyone do with that much money?"

Olrox17

Hero
"Old Sharn? Isn't that place just a bunch of forsaken ruins? I'm not even sure the Watch has jurisdiction down there. What's going on exactly?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara waits patiently, watching the busy little kobold interview the guardswoman while her other compatriots engage in byplay. She wishes she could share their enthusiasm for the size of the reward being offered. And she it bothers her that she needs it so badly.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central/Highest Towers/Lyrander Tower
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1805
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)

"How Coal know we sent by you?" Korra said.

“I’ll give you an official Watch writ of enforcement,” Sergeant Vilroy said. “All nice and legal.”

Studying Sergeant Gilroy, Ogham could sense the woman was holding something back. (Great Insight check!)

"If this Coal is expecting you, why would they trust us to give the information?" DePoe asked.

“The writ will have my official seal on it,” Sergeant Vilroy said. “If he isn’t interested in sharing with you, then you still get paid. I’ll find some other way to try and get the information from him safely. No more questions until I know you’re going to take the job?” She looked at Rotom.

[Assuming they do, she’ll answer Rotom’s questions.]

"When and where is the appointment?" Rotom asked.

“The meet is in two hours at the Cog Carnival in High Walls in Tavick’s Landing,” Vilroy told them. “Lots of warforged hang out there.”

OOC: Two hours across the city on foot.

"How to identify Coal? Ghulra, body type, other distinguishing features?" Rotom asked.

“No idea,” Sergeant Vilroy said. “I never met the ‘forged. You’ll have to ask around at the Cog Carnival when you get there. I’m sure they’ll know her.”

"What kind of crime was it?"
the kobold inquired.

“Don’t know. That’s why I’m hiring you lot. This Coal is supposed to tell me at the meet.”

"The commission is twenty-five gold each with an additional fifty gold each if we bring Coal in? Where are we bringing Coal in to?"
Rotom continued.

“That’s what I said. If her info is legit, bring her in to the Watch station. I’ll meet with her there, and we can offer some protection, if needed.”

"Old Sharn? Isn't that place just a bunch of forsaken ruins? I'm not even sure the Watch has jurisdiction down there. What's going on exactly?"
Liutbrand asked.

“What’s what I want to find out,” Sergeant Vilroy answered. “The Watch doesn’t go down there unless we have to,” she admitted. “If this is legit, we’ll go down and take a look, but I’m not risking good watchmen on a lark.”

Sergeant Vilroy pulled a scroll tube out and opened it. She pulled out the rolled piece of paper and held it out. It had the Watch seal on it. “This authorizes you as deputies of the Watch for the next week. It should get some people a little more cooperative to know you’re official. Just don’t do anything flagrantly illegal.” She rolled it up again and slipped it back into the case, then handed it over to Liutbrand. “You don’t have much time if you’re going to get to the Cog Carnival for the meet.”

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham gives Rotom a look of understanding - which is very difficult without facial expressions, so he hopes the kobold knows him enough by now that she can interpret his look as suspicion.

Then the warforged looks around once more, and decides he doesn’t like this spot. Barely any animals around to talk to.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara cocks an eyebrow at the sergeant's statement that she is not risking good Watchmen on this. Her concerns are not allayed when the group is deputized.

"So we find forge who not know us and we not know among many forge? Sound crazy," Korra says.

"We'll have to ask around to find him," the Aundairan observes. "And we'd better keep that scroll in our pocket unless there's no way around it."

Remove ads