IC Game [Pathfinder] Diabolical Plots

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wells he's still alive," the dwarf says with some small relief. "I'll watch over 'em. You go backs ta town and see about gettin sume 'elp."

[sblock=OOC] Have to go run errands actually will be back tonight.[/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
"Fah!" Lanalia spits and then mumbles under her breath. "Flippin' dirt munchers never listen."

It takes her a while to do as well as quite a lot of noise and mess making, but eventually the girl has an opaque liquid in a glass before her. She peers at languidly before giving a bit of a sniff of it.

"Doesn't look like poison...or smell like it? Eeeeeh, life without risk is boring indeed!"

Lanalia marches over to the woodsman without talking to the dwarf first and pries the feverish man's mouth open. After unceremoniously dumping the liquid down his throat, she goes back to the larder and grabs a snack. Snack in hand, she sits and waits to find out how her handiwork plays out.

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
Tolbin reflexively swallows Lanalia's concoction and, after a splutter and choke, drops immediately into a more restful slumber. It soon becomes apparent that he is not sweating as he was when you came back following the battle, and you determine that his fever has broken.

Mlwells

First Post
Upon seeing the woodcutter's condition improve and stabilize, the girl wolfs down the rest of her snack. Skipping all the way, she goes to Tolbin's side. First she checks his pulse and temperature, but second she waves a hand in front of his face to check his consciousness. Satisfied in whatever she was doing, Lanalia takes a step back with mischief coating her face.

She points at the sleeping man and addresses the dwarf, "Waaaaaaaatch." Her voice is slow and clear.

Under her breath the cheerful lass sings a song about many a thing, some of which being along the lines of, 'Doctor L'as doesn't do charity,' 'Shiny Shinies,' 'Flippin' cold iron,' and a bit about 'boring mysteries.'

She rummages and searches with a deep attentiveness all the buildings and land that is owned by the woodcutter. She searches for anything of value, not to take it, not yet at least, but to make a list for now. As well, she searches for anything that could hint at what is going on in the city and area around it.

This all begins with a 'Detect Magic.'

mazzoli

First Post
[sblock=Lanalia]The aura that you saw earlier fades before your eyes. The woodman's bow, hanging on the wall, is lightly enchanted. A quiver containing a mix of mundane arrows and cold iron arrows is slung on a peg next to it. A knife with a solid handle, the blade extending down through the wood and well secured to it with several fasteners, in a well-made leather sheath lies on the end table. Pulling it out of the sheath reveals a wickedly sharp blade of fine steel. Some foodstuffs are also scattered about the building, and some hides are on tanning racks outside near the wood splitting area that he maintains. Not much else is evident around his home as Tolbin apparently lives humbly.[/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
Lanalia snorts at the distinct lack of explanations but seems particularly taken with the woodsman's bow. She gently slides her finger along the well crafted wood. Judging that it is sufficient she carefully lifts it from the wall and replaces it with her own.

Something inside her makes her stop and think. She begins to take count with her fingers, "Extermination fee, medical fee without insurance, hazard pay, down payment for services rendered to town, inability to use while rehabilitation in progress...Yep I'm good."

Rummaging in the quiver she pulls out some of the cold iron arrows, but not all of them and replaces them with some of her simple arrows. "He needs some too," she mumbles with a curt nod.

Her work done, she heads back to the dwarf and rests a hand on his well armored shoulder. "He will sleep for a while more but should be fine. You are welcome to stay and watch your friend, but dawn comes soon and there is quite a bit we should do. If ya decide to stay, I'll head to town and...derive some knowledge about flappy bird things, toothy balls, glowy twats, and the disturbing vanishment of the...others."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Nay lass," the dwarf says getting up from Tolbin's bed side. "We done all we can do. We'll check on 'im agains in dae mornin."

"Fir now a cold drink an answers is what we be needed. Dae elf an da others dae just vanished like Jeslle's bruder."

He pats the woodcutter on the arm. "Sleep well."

"Come ons were 'eaded backs tae town."

mazzoli

First Post
As you head back into town it appears that the meeting has broken up as you see various townsfolk moving about in the foggy gloom. Jeslle, who has apparently been waiting for you to get back despite the late hour, runs up to Fir and begins yammering.

"Are you alright? What happened to the rest of you? Did you find out anything about my brother? What's going on out in the forest?"

This all comes out in one breath and she is left standing there breathing heavily after finishing.
[sblock=GM]It was brought to my attention that Lanalia lifted some of Tolbin's possessions. The bow is a +1 Longbow and you got 20 cold iron arrows.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Whoa there lass. I'm surry we did nay finds yuir bruder." Fir says with a heavy sigh. "We'll sets out again soon as we figure on a few tings. Run along home he'll be dere afore ye knows it."

OOC: I'm at a loss as to where we should start. Tavern for a drink and hope fate finds us? Tavern would always be Fir's first choice.

mazzoli

First Post
[sblock=GM]I included that because I just wanted to give you a bit of a reminder of what your general goals are.[/sblock]
You walk into the now much less crowded tavern and see that Jethro Alim has cleaned his face and is huddled by the bar. He notices you come in and starts crowing, "You'd better have solved our little forest problem, to be showing your faces back here so soon! Where is the rest of your untrustworthy little group?"

The owner of the establishment shoots Alim an annoyed look and grouses, "Can it, Jethro. Did either of you find out anything useful out there? It looked like you headed off in the direction of Tolbin's place. Did you make it out to the monastery ruins?"

Remove ads