IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 2

Rayex

First Post
Ol' Jokkum

"I woul' think he collect mag'cal it'ms, most'ly. Why he's int'rested in the forest, I don't know nothin' 'bout that. Now, if you woul' 'scuse me, I got som' readin' to do."

Jokkum smiles, nods his head, and turns back to his book, making it quite obvious that he's finnished with you, as far as he is concerned.

ByteRynn

First Post
Sylas enforlds his hands and speaks to the assembled adventurer when they return to their table.

"Well, my friends, it seems we have been drawn into a search for a strange item in the midst of the deep, dark, forest. Our emplyer, a man enshrouded in mystery, surrounding himself with those of a scalykind. A mystery to be sure...but a mystery with the potential for some profit, I do believe."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Well, when you say it like that, it sounds like you want to be our own personal chronicler," Tobias says with a wink. "But in all seriousness, let us meet with this strange 'Ashaan.' Mysteries do not solve themselves."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Kolan grins back at Tobias. "And treasure doesn't find itself, does it now? Let's go see what information this Ashaan has for us. He looks around at the others for agreement.

ByteRynn

First Post
"I don't believe we know how to find this Ashaan. However, if we simply sit here and wait, I feel quite certain that within two hours we will have the chance to find out more about this mystery, and gain some clues to its conclusion."

stonegod

"Indeed. Now we wait." He turns to Sylas again. "So, you were saying something about fish..."

[ooc:
Unless anything has anything else, I think we're ready to move to the next stage
]

Rayex

First Post
The messenger

It does not take long untill the cloaked messenger returns, awaiting her answer. "Have you decided yet?" this time around she lifts her hood a bit, and you all see the face of a black-scaled kobold.

You explain that you are interested in the lords offer, and that you would like to talk to him in person. "Lord Asshaan will be mosst pleassed. I fear the Lord iss not in thesse partss though. I have hiss leave to provide you with any information you might need." she answers to your inquiry of a bit more information. "What would you like to know?"

OOC
[sblock] Sorry for the slow reply, I've been ill the last days, and not in any shape to update anything here.[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OCC:
To avoid tedious going back and forth, here are Fash's questions:
1) As ByteRynn asked, what's the story on the warlord?
2) Specifics about the forest and keep we'd be expected to go to
3) Any specific known threats?
4) What does the sword do?
5) What's the guarantee that we'll be paid?
6) 4000 gp is too cheap, unless it's a weak magic item - something we can easily verify. We should negociate a price only we get the sword. The price would be based on our effort and what the sword is really worth. Would lord Ashaan be open to this?

stonegod

occ:
Apparently, my followup post was lost. Anyway---I have no problems with Fash's questions, and Tobias will try to diplomatically soften them. He has one other question: "What does Ashaan plan to do with this mysterious item?"

Remove ads