D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
With a fast and determined pace, jeni draws her scimitar as she moves to the cultist and strikes

OOC: Move to O9
Item interaction: draw scimitar (still holding bow in other hand)
action: attack cultist with scimitar
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Question: does bondfire smoke count as "light procurement in natural environment" (i.e. maske of the wild wood elf racial trait? It probably doesn't and Jeni won't wast a turn to hide but I was wondering. Thanks

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Assuming the cultist doesn't try to run away, I figure I'd post my action to move things along

Morgan muttered a curse under her breath, feeling the fight was taking too long. She was pleased to see Jeni felt confident enough to mix it up, even while still in her normal shape. Twirling her flail, she set into the remnants of the attacking force.

OOC: Action: Attack whatever targets are available - [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Move: Wherever she needs to in order to attack.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jeni moves up and slices into the already horrible injured cultist who cannot take any more and keels over.
No targets make themselves distinctive to Venn, who sends another eldritch bolt nowhere in particular.
Hunter crushes one kobold, and Morgan finishes off the other, cutting off the yipping noises.
From overhead, Scree reports that the group at the front does not seem to be reacting to the battle, perhaps the noise was drowned out by the loud ...
Another hollow THUD, this one with a slightly different tone. [roll0]

OOC: Still gonna generally keep initiative, but with no combatants around you, feel free to act in any order. There's a closed door in front of you, a slowly dissipating cloud of smoke and a ram at the front door.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jeni sheathes her scimitar and knocks an arrow on her bow as she moves to the west corner of the building to act as a sentry.

OOC: Item interaction: sheather scimitar, draw arrow (free)
Move to K8
She'll take some glimpses to check that the coast is clear.
If necessary, stealth check [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Carad is technically over there. At least, that's where he's supposed to be. I think he got moved down near the wall, but I think his intention was to hug the south wall of the church in order to peek around the corner to the west side of the building.

Morgan reached out and put her hand on the wood elf's shoulder as she moved to pass by the warrior. "Hold, Jeni. We need to get into the church and no one in this village knows any of the Black Tide... but they do know you. Can you try to talk to them?"

The woman glanced at the gore covering her flail. There was more fighting to come, so she chose not to waste time cleaning it.

"We've got to get inside, anyone have any ideas?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jeni nodded her agreement, and un-nocked her arrow, while still holding it in her right hand. She proceeded to go to and knock at the door, using her nocking and thus knocking hand.

She said in both elvish and the common tongue, in a soft yet firm voice " This is Jenivestia Elananthael; you may now me as Jeni the druidess. I am here with friends to bring you to the keep. You will be safer there. Please hurry and open this door!"

OOC: ;-)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: This is what 10 cha with no proficiency does:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Edit: I'm glad it was with advantage, because with a natural 1, I could have expected them to open the door and shoot arrows at Jeni!

hafrogman

Adventurer
A hesitant voice calls out from inside the church, muffled by the thick wooden door.

"Jeni! Is it really you?!?"

Followed by a second.

"It is her! Open the door, we have to let her in."

What follows is a couple of seconds of scrabbling at a wooden bar on the other side, and eventually the door creaks open and a couple of faces peer out. A couple of young half-elven twins, their faces stained with soot, peer cautiously out, while a few terrified adults cower behind them.

"It's not safe out there. Get inside."

Then everybody winces as another thud echoes from the front of the church. [roll0]

OOC: Derrol and Kerrol are about 12, and frequently pestered Jeni for bear rides.

Forged Fury

First Post
"Come on you lot, let's get inside." Morgan said. She trusted Carad would keep touch with his own while they were inside to let them know what was transpiring outside. The lieutenant waited for everyone to enter the building before following inside. "Let's wait on that illusion if we can, how much time before the patrol returns?"

She spared a glance at the situation inside, wondering how many people they would have to lead out of here and whether they were mobile or not.

Last edited:

Remove ads