[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

"Of course, sir," Jesse says with obvious contempt. "Shall I find rooms for them in the west wing?" (GM:not far from your room.) "Dinner will be served in two hours if you are staying."

Thateous

Explorer
"Alright kids." he says as he turns to face the group. Keeping up the ruse for no other reason than his own amusement. "Drop your packs and wash up before dinner. Mother will not tolerate dirty urchins at the dinner table."he finishes with a wink.

The mansion has architecture of several hundred years ago along with modern touches. You are led to the west wing, which is a U-shaped hallway with room along the out edge and a large open to the sky courtyard on the interior. A beautiful woman, may 22 years old, pokes her head out as you move along the bottom of the U. "What is all the commo--" She asks before spotting Everett. "Oh, I see, we have strays, again." (GM: Everett knows this is his younger sister, Riatta. She is use to you inviting guests to the mansion. Or perhaps she just overheard what Everett said about urchins. She is quick-witted.)

The west wing is a newer wing and the rooms you are shown are single room bedrooms, with an attached water closet. There's a large bed, wardrobe, dresser, nightstand, two separate oil lamps, a stuffed chair, and a rug under the bed and chair in each room. Heavy drapes and thin curtains cover a window looking north out onto the river before it forks around Governor's Island. Jesse hands each of you a key specific to your room once room assignments are decided. There is a communal bath area not far from Riatta's room. You can see Jesse is directing a few house servants to get it warmed up. Cisterns on the roof and large fireplaces in the bath area make this less of chore as it might have been if the water had to be transported to the room by bucket. There are three different pools, holding up to 2, 4, or 9 people easily. There are plenty of towels on a table near the door and there are soaps and perfumes located around the room.

Eventually the servants and Jesse leave to do other work and you are left to your own devices.

Dinner is served in the family dining room. Only Everett, Riatta, and the party are there. When Riatta finds out about the bear escape she digs for details about the fight and complains about the cruelty the carnival folks. If it doesn't come up she mentions she is planning to go to see Gurum's Golems after dinner, and she will accompany the party if they go as well. (and they can bum a ride in a coach if they accompany her.) She seems a bit less snobby than she pretends to be.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin makes use of the bath, a luxury he seldom has access to though he eschews the perfumes and powders available, preferring just the smell of clean.

At dinner he seems unfazed by Riatta's show of snobbery and barely notices that is seems entirely superficial. "I do enjoy the circus, but I wish they didn't bother making animals behave like humans, its ridiculous." he agrees. "They should stick with the acrobats and other feats of human excellence. I was planning to see that at some point during my stay, but I could do both."

OOC: Sorry for my low posting rate, busy with a new job. I should have time the next few weeks though.

I can't remember is we had time to do both Gurumm's Golems and the circus.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]

Thateous

Explorer
"My my how nicely you all clean up. Especially you oh sister of mine." He says sarcastically.

"I can agree with you to a point there Perin, it is indeed ridiculous and I'm sure the nature minded among us find it cruel but human have sought escapes from their mundane lives in many questionable activities. Surely you all have hobbies that allow you a brief escape from reality... perhaps more provocative activities." He says to no one in particular.

"I for one would love to accompany my little sister to the show. You know how I always say we should hang out more..."

Riatta does not respond to Everett's teasing. She is disappointed that the horse thief escaped. And blames the Greygour guards for the whole debacle, regardless of how unjustified that is.

Riatta rings a bell not far from her and Jesse enters. "Have the coach prepared. We are attending Gurum's Golems tonight. I'd like to leave in about a half hour, if that works for you and your guest, Everett?" She pauses only slightly before continuing, "See to it, Jesse."

"Yes, ma'am. I will send a servant to your rooms when the coach is ready."

"Excuse me," Riatta says. "I'll just freshen up before we go." She leaves for her room.

As you are preparing to board the carriage, a servant runs up and whispers something to Jesse. "By N'drovio's Teeth," he swears, "Everett?" He seems to call out reluctantly.

"Sir, there appears to be an issue and you are the senior family member currently in residence. Something tragic may have happened." At Everett's inquiry, he continues, "A skiff from Leed's Crossing has been found trapped in the reef north of the island. It belongs to your cousin Mackinez. It was empty except for a lot of blood and a spear. Do you want to go look at it? Some of the men are retrieving it from the water as we speak."

Riatta gasps, "Mackinez? No wonder they are late."

Thateous

Explorer
Everett's brow furrows at the news, but he quickly composes his face before speaking. "Yes, I'll head that way at once." he says to the servant. Turning towards his friends he continues, "My apologies but there are family matters I must attend to. You are more than welcome to join me if you fancy a bit of mystery, but I would not hold it against you to choose the more festive option."

GM: FYI, Jesse made no attempt to whisper this to Everett. Everyone heard what the emergency is.

Riatta seems unsure what she should do, "I don't want to see blood. But I'm worried about Mac. How can I enjoy the golems?"

Remove ads