[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon gladly accepts some of the healing Surina can provide, but is eager to get the bridge across the water.

Along with the villagers, the monk braves the freezing water. He is having a lot of trouble, however...

OOC: @ArwensDaughter No more than 2 hp please; I can heal a bit myself. :)

I say we save the potions for later, but that's just me.

Brother Pelegon athletics: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Hmm... :(

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
OOC: if it won't delay getting the former captives out of danger, Surina will use a healing potion. But she wont prioritize her own health over saving the villagers.

Once the bridge is across the water, Surina wades in, holds it stead, and starts encouraging the villagers to go across. The cold water felt refreshing, at least at first.
OOC: As a Silver Dragonborn, Surina is resistant to cold damage. So she will wait until all the villagers are safe before getting out.

Last edited:

GM: There is plenty of time for people to drink potions without having any impact on the time to get the villagers to safety. Anyone who feels they need to take a potion should.

Everett says, "We can't wait. We need to leave now. There's no way we can travel with all these people stealthily." He continues, "I'm tapped out on major spells so I'm of no use trying to stop the Lizardfolk from following us. I'll lead the villagers out. You guys keep the stragglers from being recaptured. And try to slow down anyone coming after us." He starts to lead them toward human civilization as soon as the majority of them are on shore.

As the last few stragglers are pulled up on shore, someone spots a couple rafts being poled by lizardfolk guards coming down the river. (There are just entering the last map at A45.) They are still too far away to throw their spears at anyone but they are travelling with the current.

GM: I'm not going to make a map as I assume you will want to slip into the more wooded parts of the swamp rather confront them in the open. You initially see two flat bottomed boats approaching, the second one is about a minute behind the first. One of the villagers says they've seen four or five of those boats once and they can fit 3-5 warriors each.

Anyone who wants to know how many potential warriors are coming your way, make a Perception check. Anyone exclusively helping the stragglers get out of there, make an Athletics check. Successes on this check indicates how much further away from the lizardfolk you end up before you have to engage them straight up.

Anyone can read this:
There was one failure and thus the guards are here to see you disappear into the woods. Had there been a second failure, there would have been 30 people still crossing the stream at this point.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun ran up and down the line of stragglers, encouraging both rear and van to move as quickly as possible. When he returned to the rear, he rose up on his hind legs to look for pursuing lizardfolk.

OOC: I can't seem to copy/paste my roll on my phone. RollID: 231888 (21 perception). I will come edit this with the roll when I get on a computer.

Remove ads