[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
“As far as I am concerned, this is an open party, and beautiful ladies are more than welcome!” Theremin says with his charming smile. He managed to elegantly add the line to the song he was singing, and goes on with the rest of the song.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Somewhat to her surprise, Surina readily agrees to the idea of a picnic. “Ale is good, but nothing beats a good wine,” she says. “I’ll meet you there.” She hurries to her family’s stall, buys a couple of skins of wine and heads to the bank. She finds herself relaxing as she watches Klebba skip stones. She hadn’t realized until now how on edge she continued to feel. There was still unfinished business out in the swamp. And all the farmers and towns folks were still suffering away from home and struggling. Swithun’s laughter startled her: she jumped involuntarily at the sound. Oddly, though, it helped her relax a bit more. And was that water Brother Pelegon was drinking? Maybe he’s finding his way back to the light, she thought. “It is good to see you, Klebba. There are ways in which I miss my training. Things were simpler then. But I, and my companions are needed out here. There is much that is not right. We could use someone of your skills.”

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"There is much that is not right. We could use someone of your skills.”

Klebba scratches his chin and nods. "There's much not right everywhere. It's like I taught you. Assess. Diagnose. Treat. What your assessment of what is wrong hereabouts?"

doghead

thotd
".... And what of you? Why Bit?"

"It was my time to Travel." Winter pauses for a moment before continuing.

"I was passing though Bit. I heard what was happening. I offered my service. I scouted for the army. They ..." she starts, but pauses.

"They don't need my assistance now."

... The aasimar never takes his eyes off the girl as he mutters, ”Yes, I know you did, Bob.”

Bob? It is not the first time Winter has heard Pelegon mutter something to this Bob. Winter decides that one day she is going ask. But not now, this is not the time or place.

Klebba scratches his chin and nods. "There's much not right everywhere. It's like I taught you. Assess. Diagnose. Treat. What your assessment of what is wrong hereabouts?"

Winter did not intend to interject. Perhaps it was the wine that Surina had provided. But before she know Winter found herself saying "Ariamhodary. Or perhaps more accurately the lack of understanding and tolerance between those of the coast and the Lizard Folk which Ariamhodary exploited. Progress has been made, but Ariamhodary still remains a danger. And we know nothing about where he is, or what he is doing right now."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Klebba says, "Ye gods, but that sounds...complicated. Less like patching a wound, and more like surgery with an ill-defined purpose. Who this 'Ariamhodary', and what danger does he pose?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Apart from kidnapping adults and children and forcing them to work in mines... probably something more sinister," Brother Pelegon replies seriously.

The monk sits forward and focuses his cloudy white eyes on Klebba, which somehow gives the impression that he is having difficulty focusing on the halfling.

"Some say he's dead, but even if he is, there's an evil force behind the recent incursions of lizard people that have allied with him. Something beyond mere mortal matters, I'm sure of it. I did not want to get caught up in this, but neither did anyone who was captured. And now someone needs to put an end to it."

He leans forward even more, and appears about to say more, when a loud burp erupts from his mouth.

"Sorry," the monk mutters with a smile, and he sits back, taking another small sip of his ale.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun ignored the latter part of Pelegon's statement and commented on the former, "Ariamhodary thought he was pleasing some petty deity. He has possibly been punished for failure, as rumours say. Unfortunately, it is just as possible that he has been rewarded for his near-success and is moving on to the second part of his nefarious plan. The army searched the swamp for him, but refused to go deep enough to be sure."

He thought for a moment and continued, "I had thought to return home and seek the aid of my people - but if you here would be willing to form a company, we could try again to find him. A small group would perhaps fare better."

doghead

thotd
He thought for a moment and continued, "I had thought to return home and seek the aid of my people - but if you here would be willing to form a company, we could try again to find him. A small group would perhaps fare better."

"I have asked. But the army command is reluctant to send people deeper into the swamp.

"But perhaps if you ask, Swithun, with a group of volunteers behind you, the answer may be different.

"I am up for it."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin slows his song, and interrupts it at an astute and appropriate moment. He then solemnly says to his friend “Swithun, if you need me to go, I’m with you”. He then leaps back into a song of worthy heroes braving the forces of evil.

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"The wizard? He has a tower over in the gardens. You can't miss it. Head toward the cathedral and then head east to the garden bridge into the gardens. You'll see the tower to the south as you approach the bridge. Turn south past the bridge and it be about 10 minutes walk from there. 'ts a lovely tower. One of the few in Bit. Now, see that's where he lived. But no one's seen Master Olin in months. Maybe someone in gardens know more 'n me."

"Thanks, you've been very helpful." Anna paid for her food and got up, taking the lizard on a stick with her.

She made her way through the busy streets, one hand all but welded to her spellbook, taking the occasional very tiny nibble on the meat as she went. She all but screamed "newcomer," but seemed at least a little aware of that.

Remove ads