[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Once the bodies were buried and her prayers were finished, Surina leaned the shovel against the tower wall. Then she got out her shield and longsword. While she itched to go storming into the town to learn what had happened, she held back, knowing Zad and Perrin where better suited to the initial scouting. But she made sure to keep careful watch on them, prepared to rush in if they were attacked.

Zadolix and Perin travel down the dirt road. There really isn't anywhere to hide but they move quietly just in case. There are two sizable farms on each side of the road between the bridge and the cluster of buildings that make up Leed's Crossing, a little over a mile from the bridge. 300 yards from the bridge, 50-100 feet off the road on either side there are farm houses for the first farms. A second pair of farm houses are similarly off the road around 800 yards further up the road.

Zadolix

First Post
The eery silence was alarming, heightening his awareness and putting him on edge. Zadolix turned to Perin and said in a hushed tone:

"Tis' too quiet for me liking...perhaps the folk barred themselves in from the critters. What do ye sharp eyes see little one, anything out in the fields?"

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"Hmmm, quiet indead. I would not expect to see workers in the fields, with the festival in Bit, but the old sick and very young would stay here, there should be some activity." After a pause he adds, "Lets check out the closest farm."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12/12 HD: 0/1

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 37[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Zadolix and Perin step off the road toward the nearest farm house, on their right. Set back behind the house you can also see a barn. There is obviously no fire burning, no movement can be seen or heard.

GM: I don't know how you want to approach so I'll stop the description there. Once you get close to the house, I'd like some kind of check. Could be Investigation, could be Perception, could be Survival. It's up to you but the DC for Investigation is lower than the one for Survival. Also, are the others trailing behind with the horses? How far behind? The house is about 100 feet off the road and at least 300 yards down the road away from the bridge.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Chiding herself for forgetting about the horses, Surina gathers the remaining two and head cautiously down the road. When Zad and Perrin head toward one of the houses, she waits along the road with the horses, looking for a place she could tie their reins to, in case she is needed.

Remove ads