[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

The innkeeps walks up to Zadolix, "I agree, good man. You folk have killed the infestation at the bridge, right? We can escape to Little Bit in the morning when it's light out. But you should follow those rabble and see if you can find out what happened to the other townsfolk and farmers who were kidnapped. There's some slight hope they yet live. We also don't know if they have been harassing East End or not."

The priest says to Everett, "Sir, I have a written request for help up in my room upstairs. Perhaps you could sign it so we can let the rulers of Bit know that the situation here is dire. Hopefully your signature will prevent the usually politicking that goes on."

Keth says, "I fear we don't know how safe the roads are. I'll accompany them back to town and give a first hand account of the battle tonight."

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina clasped Keth's hand "Safe travels, my brother. Keep these people safe." She smiles at the suggestion of a drink. "A good vintage, brew, or ale is always welcome, but I agree that following the attackers is more important. I'm ready to be on the way."

OOC: I take it we lost earlybird?

The priest thanks Everett. The innkeeper offers you waterskins if you want them. The bustle of putting out the fire is still in full swing as you say farewell to Keth and head out.

Following the tracks west from the inn is easily done in the early false dawn of the morning. The tracks quickly turn to the south where you find an abandoned staging area. Spikes probably used to tether the wolves and a few flat bags are all that remain.

GM: Do you take any time to examine this area? (Roll Investigation if you do. You can also roll Perception if you don't want to waste a minute.)

Also, a marching order would be good. Who's paying closest attention to the tracks? Who's looking out for ambushes? Etc.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
OOC: If the tracks are easy to follow, Surina will happily take point. Her perception's not the greatest, so not the best choice for being attentive to ambushes.

Surina looks around the camp site, seeking clues for who the attackers might be or what their motive might be. She twitches a bit with impatience: angry at the deaths of the townspeople, eager to find the evildoers and exact Essembri's justice.

[sblock=rolls]Surina, perception or investigation check: 1D20 = [7] = 7 Surina would prefer to get going, but she will accept the choice of the others in terms of a quick look around or a focused search. Neither perception nor investigation get a bonus for her, so the roll can be used for either.
[/sblock]

The tracks are not hard to follow. (Thankfully.) But you do notice that these tracks consist of the wolves and the lizardfolk only. No kobold tracks that you can notice. You also notice some wheeled tracks, 3 or 4 wagons at least. You follow the tracks south and slightly east through several outlying farms and then the tracks turn east and slightly north. Dawn has finally risen as you are approaching what you assume is the road between Leed's Crossing and East End. The tracks continue across the road but you also see a few logs blocking the road. GM: Perception checks.

Remove ads