[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: One other note: The wagon trail you were following was obviously a maintained path. It wasn't a road, per se, but branches overhanging the path were cut away. A few felled trees were rolled to the side and rotting away, but the age of the cuts indicate that it was within the last few months that the tree was cut down and stump exhumed.

By contrast, the area you are in is turning quickly to swamp. There are small bogs, slow moving streams, the insect count is much higher than it is in the plains.

You spent about 15-20 minutes following the hunting party to the "checkpoint". So the wagon trail is perhaps 1/4 mile or more behind you.

I assume the lead party has fallen back to the trailing group to have the discussions about what to do. So no additional stealth checks are needed. Yet.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina raised a brow ridge at Everett’s response. “Even if these lizard folk are allied with the others, the cart trail is behind us now. Shouldn’t we follow where the wagon went? Isn’t our first priority freeing the prisoners?”

Thateous

Explorer
Everett proceeds to take out a piece of paper and something to write with. "It is unwise to advance knowing that the enemy is at our backs. I won't make the call to attack them or not, but i'd like to know their allegiances all the same." He hastily writes a note in common & draconic asking if they are friend or foe of the alliance against man. If not, we'd like to have a quick word and to send 3 to parlay where we will make our presence known.
He rolls the letter up and Winston emerges from his cloak.

"I'll monitor their reactions through his eyes. Any objections?" he asks, handing the paper to the flying-squirrel.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun grunted an agreement. He felt that there was little chance that these lizardfolk were innocent neighbours of the ones causing trouble, but he reluctantly admitted that it could be possible.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"Simply following the wagon trail much farther is likely to lead us into trouble. We know we are close but we do not know where the camp is. I would recommend following this group. It will either yield an ally or a dead enemy, both are in our interest."

He looks to Evertt, "A risky plan, but it may be worth it. After what we've seen I suspect we are tracking an enemy though."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Sounds like a good plan," Brother Pelegon says softly, seemingly uncaring. His eyes, however, light up with joy that the wizard comes up with such a simple but elegant solution.

Thateous

Explorer
Without another word he nods and the squirrel is off and into the trees. Everret looks for a place to sit that allows him to relax while he focuses on Winston.

Thateous

Explorer
"Do you belong to the alliance against man? If not,we would like to speak to you. Please send three outside your gate parlay, look for the walking cloak." In both Common and Draconic.

Remove ads