[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: Okay, Bree and Veit. I want you both to make Intelligence checks. If you are proficient in Animal Handling or Performance, you can add your proficiency modifier to this roll. (I should have thought of this sooner.) The idea being do you get the bear into the cage or just get him moving in circles.

I'll post what the guards are doing shortly but the bear technically goes before them.

GM: [sblock="map"] Loose Bear2.png[/sblock]Bree's quick thinking stops the bear from running south out of the small plaza. The bear is near the cage but seems reluctant to go in the cage.

Perin bolt goes wide as he watches the thief, the horse, and one of the bear's guards disappear into an alleyway south of the alley they were just in.

Top of the round, players go. The bear should end up in the cage this round unless something interferes or Everett and Bree stop their efforts prematurely.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Perin, Ranger 1

Perin raced down the side street to the entrance of the alley, working the lever on his crossbow to draw the string back. At the corner he seated another bolt and loosed it at the fleeing horse thief, this time striking true. That would have to be enough for the guard, Perin wasn't about to pursue anyone through their own home territory - that was asking for trouble.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: to corner of alleyway
Action: Shoot Th Perin Attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38[/SBLOCK]

GM: The thief takes the hit to the arm and looks back at Perin. He then drops the reins and runs away around the next corner. The guard grabs the reins and stops the horse. "Easy, girl," he says as he starts to turn the horse around.

The bear ends up back in the cage and the guard leads the horse back to the cart by the end of this round. Unless Perin decides to pursue the thief, the encounter is basically over. There are still two wounded guards down.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Perin won't pursue the thief on his own, so unless the party follow immediately Perin will be back in the square by the time the bear is in the cage.

He will try and take note of the guys description though.

Remove ads